It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 13:41
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

why doesn't ETS release more practice tests?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

why doesn't ETS release more practice tests? [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2018, 20:53
it's so ridiculous. LSAC (the makers of the LSAT), by contrast, release 2/3 of EVERY REAL LSAT EVER ADMINISTERED.

get with the program, ETS.
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q170 V166
WE: Other (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: why doesn't ETS release more practice tests? [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2018, 12:52
ETS hosts so many tests than LSAT that they have to recycle test questions. Therefore they can't give you old tests for you to practice like LSAT does.

Dartmouth Engineer, GRE 336/340 (Q:170, V:166).

Ask Me Questions/Get More Resources at

gregory.education

Last edited by Yuan on 30 Aug 2018, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 108 [1] , given: 80

Re: why doesn't ETS release more practice tests? [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2018, 08:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Is LSAT administered only on certain dates? GRE on the other hand can be taken any time any day. That of course is not an excuse for the GRE to not release questions but my understanding is that GRE needs more questions per test since tests have to be different each month and also have to be adaptive, which means it needs multiple sets of the same question types....

Which means that ETS would technically have a wagon-load of questions that they could easily release and share (even GMAT has more with all of the Official Guides, Exam Packs, Question packs, and Paper Tests)

Founder of GRE Prep Club

New Project - 20 Free GRE Quant Tests

Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 80

Re: why doesn't ETS release more practice tests? [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2018, 11:56
Expert's post
To add a bit more, I don't think GRE is as competitive as LSAT or GMAT, so I feel a lot of the GRE test takers just take the test after some moderate preparation that does not require that much materials and prep (the Test prep market for GRE is also smaller which is odd since GRE is 3x GMAT and 8x LSAT)

Founder of GRE Prep Club

New Project - 20 Free GRE Quant Tests

Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1038 [0], given: 4660

CAT Tests
Re: why doesn't ETS release more practice tests? [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2018, 03:26
Expert's post
so why do we have this discrepancy?? why does the GRE be 3 times and 8 times respectively and the test prep market is smaller than those mentioned ??

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Target Test Prep Representative
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

Re: why doesn't ETS release more practice tests? [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2018, 05:54
Expert's post
It’s tough to say why they do not release more exams. I assume that you know that ETS now has a total of four practice exams? Perhaps they will consider releasing more in the future.

Are you still studying for your GRE?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GRE Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Re: why doesn't ETS release more practice tests?   [#permalink] 21 Sep 2018, 05:54

why doesn't ETS release more practice tests?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact