It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 22:27
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Which of the following statements can be inferred from the d

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Followers: 76

Kudos [?]: 1028 [0], given: 4634

CAT Tests
Which of the following statements can be inferred from the d [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2018, 09:26
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

63% (01:38) correct 36% (02:42) wrong based on 19 sessions
Attachment:
graphs.jpg
graphs.jpg [ 146.13 KiB | Viewed 729 times ]

Which of the following statements can be inferred from the data? I. The greatest increase in total yearly advertising revenue over any 10-year period shown was $27 million. II. In each of the 10-year periods shown in which yearly advertising revenue decreased, average daily circulation also decreased. III. From 1970 to 1980 the average number of pages per newspaper increased by 10.

(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) III only
(D) I and II
(E) II and III
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 477 [1] , given: 84

CAT Tests
Re: Which of the following statements can be inferred from the d [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2018, 07:39
This post received
KUDOS
For option I refer to the second chart.
We are interested in increase only. Increase in advertisement revenue has occurred in \(10\) year period from \(1940\) to \(1950\) and then from \(1950\) to \(1960\)
Among those two bars the difference between the revenue from \(1940\) to \(1950\) is \(18\) million
while the difference between the revenue from \(1950\) to \(1960\) is \(27\) million. Hence option I is correct

Now for Option II
Again refer to the second chart. Decreasing revenue has occurred from \(1960\) to \(1970\) and again from \(1970\) to \(1980\)
Now, see if there has been decrease in the same \(10\) year periods in avg circulation of newspaper by referring to the first chart and indeed it has decreased

Now for option III
Refer to the third chart. The avg pages from \(1970\) to \(1980\) has increased by \(4\) so this option is not correct
Hence option D

This is my response to the question and may be incorrect. Feel free to rectify any mistakes

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 41 [1] , given: 15

Re: Which of the following statements can be inferred from the d [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2018, 15:40
This post received
KUDOS
Pretty straightforward:
I: 1940-1950 is 18mn; 1950-60 is 27mn. The remaining years is a decrease. So I is correct
II:From the graphs, it looks like average daily circulation and advertisement revenue correspond. Decrease in average daily circulation is for years 1970 and 1980 and average revenue decreased in 1970 and 1980 as well. So II is also correct
III. Read this carefully. It might seem like it is asking for percent increase. Avergae number of pages increased in 4. So III in incorrect.

Correct Answer is D- I and II

Which of the following statements can be inferred from the d

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact