It is currently 18 Nov 2018, 08:25
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

what's a good quantitative strategy for a 750+ math score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

what's a good quantitative strategy for a 750+ math score? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2017, 03:37
This post received
KUDOS
Coming for the GMAT and want to take the GRE....one thing I found hard with the GRE is it that I don't know which questions will be difficult and how many per section, it doesn't 'noche up as you go'. SO what is the average time I should allot to each question in the quantative sections?

Also, how many can I get wrong to get a 500/800 on verbal? What if my aim is to score slightly above a 500, just so I have a better chance to hit a 500 minium. I want to hit th 500 and fill in randomly the rest of the sections for the verbal, just so I can not be fatigued for the important math section I want a perfect score on for an engineer program.

Also from what I understand 2 verbal/2 math and an exeprimental which can be EITEHR verbal or math? Is there no way to tell which section is experimental? Where isthe break here, and how long is it?
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 91

Kudos [?]: 1613 [1] , given: 375

CAT Tests
Re: what's a good quantitative strategy for a 750+ math score? [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2017, 05:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
manimgoindowndown wrote:
Coming for the GMAT and want to take the GRE....one thing I found hard with the GRE is it that I don't know which questions will be difficult and how many per section, it doesn't 'noche up as you go'. SO what is the average time I should allot to each question in the quantative sections?

Also, how many can I get wrong to get a 500/800 on verbal? What if my aim is to score slightly above a 500, just so I have a better chance to hit a 500 minium. I want to hit th 500 and fill in randomly the rest of the sections for the verbal, just so I can not be fatigued for the important math section I want a perfect score on for an engineer program.

Also from what I understand 2 verbal/2 math and an exeprimental which can be EITEHR verbal or math? Is there no way to tell which section is experimental? Where isthe break here, and how long is it?

Hi manimgoindowndown,

While fundamentals of GMAT and GRE are essentially the same, i.e. same concepts in Mathematics and English do apply, but both the test vary vastly in practice. Hence preparation strategy for both the test is very different.

The questions that are difficult for you might not be difficult for someone else. Hence there is no clear pattern to identify easy or difficult as they exist in all of the topics.

An ideal way too go about it would be to take practice test and perform a SWOT analysis on the same. You would find more details about tests. Here...

http://greprepclub.com/forum/free-gre-practice-tests-506.html?fl=menu

and details about SWOT analysis here...

http://greprepclub.com/forum/gre-study-plan-2016-edition-2244.html

Each section in the computer based GRE has 20 question and time is 30mins for verbal and 35 for Quant.

Read more about the test structure here..

https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/about/content/computer

Hope this post helped.

Regards,

Sandy
If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Try our free Online GRE Test

Re: what's a good quantitative strategy for a 750+ math score?   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2017, 05:43

what's a good quantitative strategy for a 750+ math score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact