It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 03:13
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

What are best GRE prep for improving Verbal and ace Quant ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What are best GRE prep for improving Verbal and ace Quant ? [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2017, 19:59
I got V:137, Q:158 without any prep for the first time I took GRE just yesterday.
I have prepared for GMAT for months and did not have a tremendous improvement, and some deadlines of master degree within in 20 days.
I sentence completion is my weakest spot.
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 980 [0], given: 4506

CAT Tests
Re: What are best GRE prep for improving Verbal and ace Quant ? [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2017, 06:56
Expert's post
First off, you should figure out why You didnt improve

• Weak fundamentals
  • not a clear strategy to attack the question
  • nervous
  • lack of tip and tricks in your arsenal
  • and so on.

For quant I suggest you to revise the gmatclub quant book it is free https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-87417.html

For verbal see a better strategy see here https://greprepclub.com/forum/gre-study ... -3412.html

Then practice a lot. here we do have countless questions from all area of contents and level of difficulty

Hope this helps

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: What are best GRE prep for improving Verbal and ace Quant ? [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2017, 13:52
I am asking what test prep material will be most effective for a short-term review for 20-day review plan:
1. Verbal in general (especially vocabulary list, but it will be easier for me to improve in reading than the sentence completion)
(got 137 which is in bottom percentile, any improvement will be good)
2. Quantitative advanced review online/book prep (aiming for 170, as I didn't do any review and got 158)
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 980 [0], given: 4506

CAT Tests
Re: What are best GRE prep for improving Verbal and ace Quant ? [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2017, 14:25
Expert's post
1 KUDOS received
Chegg Representative

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: What are best GRE prep for improving Verbal and ace Quant ? [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2018, 11:28
This post received
KUDOS
I work for Chegg and to improve your score on sentence completion, practicing with flashcards to learn vocabulary may help, as well as reading articles on the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, etc. that would have advanced vocab. Look up any words that you don't know and make flashcards for them. Chegg's GRE prep course also includes a mobile app with over 500 flashcards so you can study them anytime, anywhere. We also offer personalized diagnostic reports to easily identify your strengths and weaknesses on the verbal section, so you don't waste time on concepts you already know. The course also includes a quiz bank of over 2,800 questions where you can design quizzes to focus on your most challenging areas based on difficulty, topic, or length. If you're interested in book prep for the quant section, we also have an ebook with a bonus practice test and over 300 additional practice questions.

Proven strategies for top scores

Re: What are best GRE prep for improving Verbal and ace Quant ?   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2018, 11:28

What are best GRE prep for improving Verbal and ace Quant ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact