It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 10:50
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Urgent advice needed for gre target score of 170 170 and 6

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Urgent advice needed for gre target score of 170 170 and 6 [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2018, 11:30
Hello. I am a graduate student from Turkey with B.A in psychology. I aim enrolling to a program in clinical psychology, however my GPA is lower than what they expect so i plan to compensate with increasing my GRE score. I took test 1 time with the score of 149 quant and 160 math and 3.5 verbal. I need advice about how to study. To me books of Manhattan prep, princton review kaplan and barrons are good for learning vocabulary and math forumulas, yet altough i tried them their reading comprehension section did not improved my abilities. I want to increase my verbal abilites not just complete GRE books. So my advice is how should i study ? I plan to complete all vocab and memorize of well known publishers but for reading and basic vocabular what would you advice ?. I already started studying TOEFL and SAt books and i have at least 7 months.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 382 [0], given: 1744

CAT Tests
Re: Urgent advice needed for gre target score of 170 170 and 6 [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2018, 11:15
Expert's post
Probably the best strategies to improve your verbal side of the test is to dive into English.

memorize only words without understanding the context.

Actually, the way you should follow is bifocal: on one hand reading books, magazines, videos on youtube and so on. On the other hand, practice a lot, trying to understand the meaning of the sentence or of the passage. Reading actively.

I could eviscerate tons of strategies but, at the end of the day, more or less is what I said. See my post here for free good English reading https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-improve ... 16511.html

Regards

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Re: Urgent advice needed for gre target score of 170 170 and 6   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2018, 11:15

Urgent advice needed for gre target score of 170 170 and 6

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Moderators

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms of Use| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact