It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 00:59
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Tom ate 1/4 of a whole pizza

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2015
Posts: 9651
Followers: 199

Kudos [?]: 2366 [0], given: 9155

CAT Tests
Tom ate 1/4 of a whole pizza [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2019, 12:32
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

66% (00:27) correct 33% (01:03) wrong based on 18 sessions
Tom ate \(\frac{1}{4}\) of a whole pizza and Jane ate \(\frac{1}{5}\) of the remaining portion. What fraction of the pizza was not eaten?

A. 11/20

B. 9/20

C. 3/20

D. 3/5

E. 2/5

Kudos for the right answer and explanation
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

_________________

Need Practice? 20 Free GRE Quant Tests available for free with 20 Kudos
GRE Prep Club Members of the Month: Each member of the month will get three months free access of GRE Prep Club tests.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Joined: 28 Aug 2019
Posts: 40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 7

Re: Tom ate 1/4 of a whole pizza [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2019, 19:20
1
This post received
KUDOS
Tom ate 1/4. Remaining is 3/4
Jane ate 1/5 of 3/4, i.e, 1/5*3/4 = 3/20.
Eaten is 3/20+1/4 = 8/20
Remaining is 12/20 = 3/5
A is the answer.
1 KUDOS received
GRE Forum Moderator
Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Posts: 118
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 80 [1] , given: 2

CAT Tests
Re: Tom ate 1/4 of a whole pizza [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2019, 23:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
Tom ate --> 1/4 = 25%, Remaining = 75%

John ate --> 1/5 of remaining (75%) = 15%, Remaining = 60%

60% = 60/100 = 3/5

Hence, D is the Answer.
Re: Tom ate 1/4 of a whole pizza   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2019, 23:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tom ate 1/4 of a whole pizza

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GRE® test is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by ETS®.