It is currently 07 Aug 2020, 16:06
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

There was a (i) ________________ agreement among

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [4] , given: 10

There was a (i) ________________ agreement among [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2019, 18:21
This post received
KUDOS
00:00

Question Stats:

24% (00:38) correct 75% (00:37) wrong based on 83 sessions
There was a (i) ________________ agreement among the employees about the leadership hierarchy. Though no one made explicit mention of it, they all (ii) ________________ that Johnson, because of both his experience and mathematical (iii) __________, was best-suited to head the numbers-based project.

Blank (i) Blank (ii) Blank (iii)
tacit illicit convivial
acknowledged disputed coalesced
diminution acumen consternation

:-D give kudos if you like the question
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 10

Re: There was a (i) ________________ agreement among [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2019, 23:24
This post received
KUDOS
A, D, and H The easiest blank to start with is the first. If “no one made explicit mention of” the leadership hierarchy, then the agreement must have been unspoken. Of the choices, the word closest in meaning to unspoken is tacit. The next easiest blank is the third blank. If Johnson “was best-suited to head the numbers-based project,” then he must have been adept at math. A good prediction would be aptitude. Of the choices, the word closest in meaning to aptitude is acumen. Finally, go to the second blank. If the agreement was tacit, then the employees recognized it without stating it. Of the choices, the word closest in meaning to recognized is acknowledged.
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 121 [3] , given: 56

Re: There was a (i) ________________ agreement among [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2020, 18:55
This post received
KUDOS
Probably there is a problem with the options for the blanks:

Blank (i)
tacit
illicit
convivial

Blank (ii)

acknowledged
disputed
coalesced

Blank (iii)

diminution
acumen
consternation
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 6

Re: There was a (i) ________________ agreement among [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2020, 07:51
This post received
KUDOS
Can the admins fix the options for the questions please?
Regards
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: There was a (i) ________________ agreement among [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2020, 15:14
Hi, it's August and this question still hasn't been fixed. Could an admin fix this, please?
Re: There was a (i) ________________ agreement among   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2020, 15:14

There was a (i) ________________ agreement among

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact