It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 20:56
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

The table above shows the number of houses sold per week fo

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1033 [0], given: 4655

CAT Tests
The table above shows the number of houses sold per week fo [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2017, 06:25
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

92% (00:48) correct 7% (01:20) wrong based on 13 sessions

The table above shows the number of houses sold per week for the month of July by two real estate agents, Peter and Dylan. What is the difference between the median number of houses sold per week by Dylan and the median number of houses sold per week by Peter?

A) 0

B) 1

C) 2

D) 5

E) 6
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 330 [1] , given: 66

Re: The table above shows the number of houses sold per week fo [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2017, 06:26
This post received
KUDOS
Putting the number in increasing order we get that the numbers for Peter are 4 4 6 10, thus the median is the mean of the two central numbers, i.e. (4+6)/2=5. For what concerns Dylan, instead, its numbers are 2 3 9 10, thus its median is (3+9)/2=6. The difference between the medians is then 1 and the answer is B!
1 KUDOS received
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 117 [1] , given: 0

Re: The table above shows the number of houses sold per week fo [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2018, 18:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Carcass wrote:

The table above shows the number of houses sold per week for the month of July by two real estate agents, Peter and Dylan. What is the difference between the median number of houses sold per week by Dylan and the median number of houses sold per week by Peter?

A) 0

B) 1

C) 2

D) 5

E) 6

Let’s list Peter’s weekly number of houses sold in ascending order: 4, 4, 6, 10. The median of these data values is halfway between the two middle values: (4 + 6)/2 = 5. Thus, Peter’s median number of houses sold per week is 5.

Let’s now list Dylan’s weekly number of houses sold in ascending order: 2, 3, 9, 10. The median of these data values is halfway between the two middle values: (3 + 9)/2 = 6. Thus, Dylan’s median number of houses sold per week is 6.

The difference of the two median values is 6 – 5 = 1.

Answer: B

Jeffery Miller
Head of GRE Instruction

GRE Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: The table above shows the number of houses sold per week fo [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2018, 20:44
Interesting statistics! I just remembered I sold mine too and forgot about the problem (sold to homebuyers in the UK, by the way). I tried to sell it within 2 years, but all in vain unfortunately; the area where it was situated was not popular, but the very house is relatively new, with expensive interior. I noticed most of people prefer cheaper houses but in better areas, with better infrastructure and neighbourhood.
Re: The table above shows the number of houses sold per week fo   [#permalink] 12 Aug 2018, 20:44

The table above shows the number of houses sold per week fo

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact