It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 06:25
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [2] , given: 2

Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2016, 13:04
This post received
KUDOS
00:00

Question Stats:

22% (00:46) correct 77% (01:10) wrong based on 9 sessions
Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent (i)______ but, once immersed in the author’s prose, they may come to regard the work’s (ii)______ as an asset.

Blank iBlank ii
a) flippancyd) subtlety
b) aimlessnesse) discursions
c) tendentiousnessf) exhaustiveness

OA
[Reveal] Spoiler:
B/E

Why can't we use C and F here?

I could not figure out how to add a table, so please do not delete this post. thanks!
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Last edited by Carcass on 07 Oct 2016, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
Edited by Carcass
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1030 [1] , given: 4640

CAT Tests
Re: Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2016, 02:35
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi,

you can not use C in the first blank because the book apparently is without meaning or purpose so B is the right one. The book is NOT with bias or I.E. the answer C as you pointed out

The second choice is E, which means a digression: in other words what the book narrates is a bit a deviation from a pivotal argument BUT nonetheless this was useful, indeed an asset from which you learn or could learn a lot.

Tough one.

Hope this helps

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 2

Re: Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2016, 14:14
This post received
KUDOS
Carcass wrote:
Hi,

you can not use C in the first blank because the book apparently is without meaning or purpose so B is the right one. The book is NOT with bias or I.E. the answer C as you pointed out

The second choice is E, which means a digression: in other words what the book narrates is a bit a deviation from a pivotal argument BUT nonetheless this was useful, indeed an asset from which you learn or could learn a lot.

Tough one.

Hope this helps

Thanks. Is there a clue somewhere to suggest that his book was aimless? I couldn't figure that out.

Also, is there a guide or link you can show me on how to create a table? I have more questions and would love to add those instead of you having to edit them for me.
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1030 [0], given: 4640

CAT Tests
Re: Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2016, 01:09
Expert's post
bfarooq wrote:
Carcass wrote:
Hi,

Tough one.

Hope this helps

Thanks. Is there a clue somewhere to suggest that his book was aimless? I couldn't figure that out.

Also, is there a guide or link you can show me on how to create a table? I have more questions and would love to add those instead of you having to edit them for me.

Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent (i)______ but, once immersed in the author’s prose, they may come to regard the work’s (ii)______ as an asset.

As I have highlighted the sentence, IF you focus on solely a part of the sentence or passage or whatever it is you lose the grasp of the entire meaning.

You must catch the overall meaning, that is the tricky part of GRE test.

As for your request how to post a question in the right way, nothing more simple: follow this post I have created and that was there as announcement in main verbal section :-D :wink:

qv-how-to-post-a-gre-question-the-easy-way-2362.html

Ask everything you wanna if you need further assistance.

regards

PS: we are working to create a tag that makes automatic the creation of one blank, two or three but is not that simple.

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Re: Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2016, 01:09

Readers may initially be irked by the book’s apparent

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact