It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 05:49
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [3] , given: 6

That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2016, 23:01
This post received
KUDOS
00:00

Question Stats:

18% (00:58) correct 81% (01:13) wrong based on 16 sessions
That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside inspections, even courting members of the press to visit the site and post any pictures it deemed incriminating, spoke to its consummate ability to ________ any practices that might be perceived as a risk to nearby townships.

Blank (i)Blank (ii)
A) suspicious ofD) publicize
B) amenable toE) cloak
C) dependent onF) condone

[Reveal] Spoiler:
B,E
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Last edited by GRE on 19 Jun 2016, 08:40, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 15

Re: Text Completion level high 2 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2016, 00:53
B and D
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 6

Re: Text Completion level high 2 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2016, 01:20
why B,D?
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1030 [0], given: 4640

CAT Tests
Re: Text Completion level high 2 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2016, 01:51
Expert's post
Edited the question

Use the table to set up a one or two or three blanks. Much better and mimic the real test

That is the screen of the code
Attachments

screenshot.15.jpg
screenshot.15.jpg [ 56.5 KiB | Viewed 2322 times ]

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 109 [1] , given: 15

Re: Text Completion level high 2 [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2016, 03:14
This post received
KUDOS
GRE wrote:
why B,D?

The nuclear power was welcoming out side inspection....the nearest choice is 'amenable to'

And second blank is about nuclear power wanting press to 'publicize' any perceived risk to nearby townships.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2016, 20:10
@rapsjade - Can you explain how does " post any pictures it deemed incriminating" fit into the sentence context if the answer is B,D.

The bold part means - that the nuclear plant posted pictures that will implicate someone of a crime.
Is my interpretation correct?

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate.
I am the captain of my soul. ~ Invictus

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 7

Re: That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2016, 22:43
This post received
KUDOS
gracehopper17 wrote:
@rapsjade - Can you explain how does " post any pictures it deemed incriminating" fit into the sentence context if the answer is B,D.

The bold part means - that the nuclear plant posted pictures that will implicate someone of a crime.
Is my interpretation correct?

I think I got it.
Nuclear plant posted pictures which it deemed incriminating online to tell people (publicize) about the wrongful practices near the plant.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate.
I am the captain of my soul. ~ Invictus

4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [4] , given: 6

Re: That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2016, 08:43
This post received
KUDOS
Let's start by eliminating answer choices, since the right answer isn't likely to pop out on such a subtle question. For the first blank, we can get rid of (A) because of the clue "even courting...media". This shows that the plant was not at all suspicious of inspections, it actually invited the media. But why would it do such a thing, if it had something to hide? The thing is the clue "consummate ability" shows us that it was very good at doing something--specifically, to risky practices. It wouldn't want to publicize these practices (it would likely be shut down). Yet, if it is going to invite journalists to take pictures, it has to be pretty good at hiding (cloaking) anything that might be perceived as risky.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2018, 23:53
What is the answer of second blank? publicize or cloak?
1 KUDOS received
Supreme Moderator

Kudos [?]: 63 [1] , given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2018, 00:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Reetika1990 wrote:
What is the answer of second blank? publicize or cloak?

The answer would be cloak...
They are ready to show their entire set up . So how do they handle the medias response to the practices that may be perceived as harmful to neighboring areas . That means they must be confident to hide these practices and NOT publicize ofcourse.

so E is correct

Some useful Theory.
1. Arithmetic and Geometric progressions : https://greprepclub.com/forum/progressions-arithmetic-geometric-and-harmonic-11574.html#p27048
2. Effect of Arithmetic Operations on fraction : https://greprepclub.com/forum/effects-of-arithmetic-operations-on-fractions-11573.html?sid=d570445335a783891cd4d48a17db9825
3. Remainders : https://greprepclub.com/forum/remainders-what-you-should-know-11524.html
4. Number properties : https://greprepclub.com/forum/number-property-all-you-require-11518.html
5. Absolute Modulus and Inequalities : https://greprepclub.com/forum/absolute-modulus-a-better-understanding-11281.html

Re: That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2018, 00:58

That the nuclear power plant was highly ________ outside ins

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact