It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 03:06
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Taking my quant score to 161 or above from 155

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 33

Taking my quant score to 161 or above from 155 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2018, 19:41
This post received
KUDOS
Hello everyone,

I've taken the GRE test three times and here are the scores:

Quant: 154, Verbal: 154, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on August 2013)
Quant: 147, Verbal: 148, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on July 2014) (Had a hard time concentrating that day)
Quant: 155, Verbal: 156, AWA: 4.0 (Test taken on March 2017) (used Magoosh)

I was wondering if it's possible for me to take my quant score to 161 or above. So far, I've tried everything Magoosh, The Economist GRE prep, and took the Manhattan practice tests.

I've seen some marginal gains in my quant score: In The Economist GRE app, my highest quant score was 158 and in Manhattan it was 157.

Time seems to be my biggest enemy and also comprehending the GRE math questions.

Any advice would be appreciated on how I can take my quant score to 161 and above. Thanks
2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 460 [2] , given: 82

CAT Tests
Re: Taking my quant score to 161 or above from 155 [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2018, 01:09
This post received
KUDOS
Hello gremather,

As you picked up on one of your major weakness i.e. time management you are well on course to improve significantly if you understand how GRE works and ways to excel in it.

This is the major problem in tackling standardized tests and gre is no different. I would request you to take any free tests in par with ETS in timed condition. Once you have done that. I would request you to take the same test in untimed conditions. Your score should probably increase by 5-10 points (obviously do not look at the answer prior to your 2nd try). Timing is the key.
If you fret over a question that you do not know you should immediately consider guessing and moving on because if you spend a lot of time trying to find solution to this difficult problem you will miss chances to correctly answer easy and medium level questions down the road. Limit to about 1 minute for contemplating on the answers. If you cannot come up with a method for solving the question just move on. I would also recommend you that you leave a question half way through if you have exhausted 2:30 minute in doing a problem. Remember you can always come back to the questions that you think you did not do well after completing all the questions in case you have some time left.
Finally, if your target score is beyond 160 you should also tackle difficult questions apart from tackling all the medium or easy level questions.
Re: Taking my quant score to 161 or above from 155   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2018, 01:09

Taking my quant score to 161 or above from 155

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact