It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 05:32
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Study plan for Gre Verbal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Study plan for Gre Verbal [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2018, 17:42
Hey guys,So I recently taken 3 diagnostic exams and I found out I score anywhere from 165-167 on the GRE math.However,my reading/verbal is really bad considering its a 144- 146.In college,I excel in many of my upper division math courses,computer science courses but writing class is kryptonite to me.I need alot of help in this section.I have 6-8 months to prepare for the GRE. Can somebody help me form a plan of attack on this section for the next 6 months?I know magoosh has one Math advance and Math beginners,however not for improving verbal. I know it is alot of work but thats why I dedicated 6 months for it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 91

Kudos [?]: 1622 [0], given: 385

CAT Tests
Re: Study plan for Gre Verbal [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2018, 03:27
Expert's post
Recker12 wrote:
Hey guys,So I recently taken 3 diagnostic exams and I found out I score anywhere from 165-167 on the GRE math.However,my reading/verbal is really bad considering its a 144- 146.In college,I excel in many of my upper division math courses,computer science courses but writing class is kryptonite to me.I need alot of help in this section.I have 6-8 months to prepare for the GRE. Can somebody help me form a plan of attack on this section for the next 6 months?I know magoosh has one Math advance and Math beginners,however not for improving verbal. I know it is alot of work but thats why I dedicated 6 months for it.

If you are in 140s range in english the lowest hanging fruit is the vocabulary. You can drastically improve the text completion and sentence equivalence performance by adding decent amount of vocabs.

Personally, I was never really good with reading comprehensions myself and that effected my score as well.

This is not advice just passing comments on the situation.

Sandy
If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Try our free Online GRE Test

Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q159 V151
GPA: 4
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Study plan for Gre Verbal [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2018, 14:58
I'd suggest reading as many articles as possible. While you read them, try summarizing after completion. This will vastly help you with the RCs.

For vocabulary, many would suggest you go for mnemonics. But I don't recommend this since I've tried using mnemonics myself and they limit the scope of the word. Instead, try learning the contextual meaning and apply those words metaphorically as well. Also, Word Power Made Easy is a good book to increase vocabulary.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Study plan for Gre Verbal [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2018, 16:50
I begin reading 2-3 articles a day and started memorizing 10 vocabs a day from magoosh. However, I am still currently trying to get a perfect score on the GRE quant and I found the volume of practice I do on reading is alot lower than my math.I think the reason is that normally in this 6 month study plan of magoosh that they have specialize books for Math(Nova, and Manhattan).But there doesnt seem to be one for GRE verbal
Re: Study plan for Gre Verbal   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2018, 16:50

Study plan for Gre Verbal

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact