It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 10:33
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Should I retake GRE?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Should I retake GRE? [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2017, 03:05
I just took the GRE today after 2 months study and got Q164 V163. This is the 87th and 92nd percentiles respectively. I am looking to apply for Finance PhD programs later this year. I have a first class honours degree in Finance and Econometrics from a global top 50 uni and am doing a masters at LSE. I also have research experience with a working paper. I think the rest of my application is strong, I'm just wondering if the GRE Quant will kill my application?
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 91

Kudos [?]: 1612 [1] , given: 375

CAT Tests
Re: Should I retake GRE? [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2017, 18:27
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
PhDFinance wrote:
I just took the GRE today after 2 months study and got Q164 V163. This is the 87th and 92nd percentiles respectively. I am looking to apply for Finance PhD programs later this year. I have a first class honours degree in Finance and Econometrics from a global top 50 uni and am doing a masters at LSE. I also have research experience with a working paper. I think the rest of my application is strong, I'm just wondering if the GRE Quant will kill my application?

Its a very difficult call!
Now GRE scores are important but they are more like a cutoff that is needed to cleared. While many colleges do throughly consider the profile of the candidate there are some that might axe your application based off of GRE scores alone.

The critical thing here is researching your target schools.

If you have time before your application period starts then you can always give GRE another shot. Since GRE has a Score Select option you can send forth the best score you obtain. So you have nothing to loose (apart from the GRE Exam fee).

Regards

Sandy
If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Try our free Online GRE Test

Re: Should I retake GRE?   [#permalink] 11 Jul 2017, 18:27

Should I retake GRE?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact