It is currently 23 May 2019, 06:43
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Sentence Equivalence

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Sentence Equivalence [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2019, 10:11
00:00

Question Stats:

66% (00:29) correct 33% (01:12) wrong based on 3 sessions
Astrophysicists are _________ the fact that the Milky Way is a totally unremarkable galaxy, since this very ordinariness affords them a template with which to make viable extrapolations concerning the structure and dynamics of many other galaxies—both known and unknown.

Blank (i)
skeptical about
crestfallen over
heartened by
surprised by
apprehensive about

Both a & c here make sense as answers.

Last edited by Carcass on 15 Mar 2019, 11:59, edited 2 times in total.
Edited by Carcass
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 0

Re: Sentence Equivalence [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2019, 09:53
Expert's post
The answer is C. Astrophysicists now have "a template with which to make viable extrapolations concerning the structure and dynamics of many other galaxies." This is a very good thing! Because of that fact, astrophysicists are happy, or heartened by the fact that the Milky Way is so normal.

The key is that word "since," which creates a connection of causation between the two parts of the sentence. Because of the fact that astrophysicists can learn so much about other galaxies, they are heartened by the fact that the Milky Way is unremarkable.

The fact that astrophysicists can learn so much about other galaxies by studying the Milky Way is not a reason to distrust the fact that the Milky Way is an ordinary galaxy. So that eliminates A.
Re: Sentence Equivalence   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2019, 09:53

Sentence Equivalence

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact