It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 00:38
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Seeking Advice: Lack of Consistency on Quant Practice Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Seeking Advice: Lack of Consistency on Quant Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2018, 17:05
This post received
KUDOS
I am seeing a disconcerting pattern in my Quant practice tests. I will do decently on one of the quant sections (only 2-3 wrong) but bomb another (run out of time, lots wrong). Does this mean I need to do more timed practice tests, more math problems in general, or am I strategically off in how I approach the quant section?

The results are from full length, timed practice tests from Kaplan, Princeton Review, and Manhattan Prep.
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 90

Kudos [?]: 1606 [1] , given: 375

CAT Tests
Re: Seeking Advice: Lack of Consistency on Quant Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2018, 04:14
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
pinenuts000 wrote:
I am seeing a disconcerting pattern in my Quant practice tests. I will do decently on one of the quant sections (only 2-3 wrong) but bomb another (run out of time, lots wrong). Does this mean I need to do more timed practice tests, more math problems in general, or am I strategically off in how I approach the quant section?

The results are from full length, timed practice tests from Kaplan, Princeton Review, and Manhattan Prep.

How are you at managing time? Do you run out of focus during long 3 - 4 hour tests?
If that is the problem you need to polish your test taking skills.
Try and sit for as many full length tests as possible. Even while studying make your sessions long.

Sandy
If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Try our free Online GRE Test

2 KUDOS received
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 114 [2] , given: 0

Re: Seeking Advice: Lack of Consistency on Quant Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2018, 18:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
pinenuts000 wrote:

Can you provide some further information regarding your study routine thus far? For how long have you been studying? What resources have you been using? Also, when is your GRE and what is your goal score?

Jeffery Miller
Head of GRE Instruction

GRE Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Seeking Advice: Lack of Consistency on Quant Practice Tests [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2018, 16:49
JeffTargetTestPrep wrote:
pinenuts000 wrote:

Can you provide some further information regarding your study routine thus far? For how long have you been studying? What resources have you been using? Also, when is your GRE and what is your goal score?

I work full time and study around 20-25 hours per week usually. I study a little bit before work, during my lunch break, and then after work. I have been doing this regimen for about 7 weeks. I take a full length practice exam once per week on the weekend.

I have been mainly using Manhattan GRE's 5 lb. Book of problems and their foundations math books. The practice exams have been from Princeton Review, Kaplan, and Manhattan GRE. Right now I am stuck at around 73 percentile for math and 82 percentile for verbal. My goal score is just 85th percentile for both math and verbal.

Any advice you have is greatly appreciated.
Re: Seeking Advice: Lack of Consistency on Quant Practice Tests   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2018, 16:49

Seeking Advice: Lack of Consistency on Quant Practice Tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact