It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 12:46
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2018, 16:38
This post received
KUDOS
The Manhattan Prep GRE Set of 8 Strategy Guides. Its on Amazon but I cant post links yet

The girl in this video explains that it took her 5 weeks to get through all of those books and she scored in the top 10 percentile.
"GRE STUDY TIPS 2017! HOW TO SCORE IN THE TOP 10 PERCENTILE" (thats the title of the video, i cant post links yet)

I would like to do the same as she did but I will need more time since I work 50hrs a week and hit the gym 4 times a week.

I am wondering how long on average does it take to get through one of those Manhattan books. Is it possible to finish one every weekend?

Any tips would be much appreciated!
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 107 [1] , given: 78

Re: Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2018, 14:17
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Good you are staying healthy and working out! That will help with the studies as well (something I sacrificed and ignored in my prep and I feel it cost me)

Back to your question, usually it takes about 2 months to cover the 8 books, so going through them in 5 weeks is VERY fast. The girl in the video looked barely 18 so my guess she may be a senior or junior in college with some time on her hands available for studying. She also probably has a mind of an 18-year old that absorbs information much faster than that of a working professional, so you have to make adjustments for that.

I worked long hours during my prep so i studied in the morning before work and then wrote up flashcards/notes/vocab that I used to study during the commute and while I had downtime - you can do that on paper or on your phone (using the Flashcards by NKO app - it is free). I did not have the time to study in the evening and frankly, i felt it was a really poor time for studying, so I did some review at night and just read lots of fiction/books to prep for the Reading, logic, grammar, and vocab. It took me close to 3.5 months to get through Quant and Verbal.

Good Luck!

Founder of GRE Prep Club

New Project - 20 Free GRE Quant Tests

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2018, 14:47
bb wrote:
Good you are staying healthy and working out! That will help with the studies as well (something I sacrificed and ignored in my prep and I feel it cost me)

Back to your question, usually it takes about 2 months to cover the 8 books, so going through them in 5 weeks is VERY fast. The girl in the video looked barely 18 so my guess she may be a senior or junior in college with some time on her hands available for studying. She also probably has a mind of an 18-year old that absorbs information much faster than that of a working professional, so you have to make adjustments for that.

I worked long hours during my prep so i studied in the morning before work and then wrote up flashcards/notes/vocab that I used to study during the commute and while I had downtime - you can do that on paper or on your phone (using the Flashcards by NKO app - it is free). I did not have the time to study in the evening and frankly, i felt it was a really poor time for studying, so I did some review at night and just read lots of fiction/books to prep for the Reading, logic, grammar, and vocab. It took me close to 3.5 months to get through Quant and Verbal.

Good Luck!

How long does it take to get through one of the books? Is it possible to through one in a weekend?
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 973 [0], given: 4488

CAT Tests
Re: Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2018, 15:03
Expert's post
Could be if you run through like a hell.

regards

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 107 [2] , given: 78

Re: Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2018, 16:25
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
gregoober wrote:
How long does it take to get through one of the books? Is it possible to through one in a weekend?

Depends on how fast/slow you will study. Ideally you would not do 5-hour sessions on Sat and Sun but that depends on your personal speed and preferences. The recommendation is not to study more than 2 hrs at a time and take breaks if you do - possibly study for 2 hrs, then workout/eat/rest and do another 2-hour study session. It is possible to cover one book in about 8-10 hrs. However, if you are not hitting 90% of answers to the exercises, you will not hit 90th percentile on the test and will have to slow down and re-run through chapters/sections.

Have you heard an expression, you can do things right, cheap, or fast - pick 2?
The pace really depends on how much you need to improve. If you took the diag/practice GRE test and got 80th percentile and only need to improve 40 points, it is different than if you need to climb 100 points in your score, and your speed moving through these books will be different.

Founder of GRE Prep Club

New Project - 20 Free GRE Quant Tests

Re: Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2018, 16:25

Questions for those who have used Manhattan Prep 8 book set

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact