It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 17:07
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

QUANTITATIVE SECTION 3 -Question 18 of 20|ID: Q01-77

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 330 [0], given: 66

QUANTITATIVE SECTION 3 -Question 18 of 20|ID: Q01-77 [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2017, 05:54
00:00

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 100% (01:03) wrong based on 2 sessions
If a=3, b=5 and c=2, then

A) \(b!>(a+c)!\)
B) \(b!>(ac)!\)
C) \(\frac{b!}{(ac)!}>1\)
D) \(\frac{(bc)!}{a!}<(b + c)!\)
E) \(a! + b! + c!>(abc)!\)

Starting from the fact that option B and C are the same, but it could be a trick, the explanation and the answer to this question are completely messy.
It says "Substitute the values of a, b and c in the expression only \(\frac{b!}{(ac)!}>1\) is true. The correct answer is A".

The fact is that neither \(\frac{b!}{(ac)!}>1\) nor A are right. Without any sign of equality, I would say that no answer is correct. Am I right?
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1033 [0], given: 4655

CAT Tests
Re: QUANTITATIVE SECTION 3 -Question 18 of 20|ID: Q01-77 [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2017, 07:16
Expert's post
This is a question from our test ?? if yes it should be created by the former mod........and we are having some problem to figure them out and fade out.

Back to the question.

First of all b and c are not the same.

B is \(\frac{b!}{(ac)!}> 0\) if you bring the RHS to the LHS

C is \(\frac{b!}{(ac)!}>\) 1

Now

A) \(\frac{5*4*3*2*1}{5*4*3*2*1} > 0\) that is true 1 > 0

B) \(\frac{5*4*3*2*1}{6*5*4*3*2*1} > 0\) tha is impossible for the test, due to the fact it deals with real numbers and \(\frac{0}{6}\) is infinite. which is not possible in math

All the rest of the answer choices are the same OR impossible OR \(a positive number < 0\) which is impossible as well. Check on your own.

The question is good and sophisticated but we are working to fade out due their complexity and out of scope for the GRE purpose.

Ask anything you need. Even via private message.

regards

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Director
Director

Re: QUANTITATIVE SECTION 3 -Question 18 of 20|ID: Q01-77 [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2017, 04:42
Carcass wrote:

I am sorry to correct you but B is indeed the same of C because we are dividing both sides of the equation by (ac)! thus we are left with a 1 on the RHS.

Anyway, I'll signal you by pm all the question from the test that seem to be wrong/mispelled
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 93

Kudos [?]: 1659 [0], given: 396

CAT Tests
Re: QUANTITATIVE SECTION 3 -Question 18 of 20|ID: Q01-77 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2017, 05:31
Expert's post
IlCreatore wrote:
Carcass wrote:

I am sorry to correct you but B is indeed the same of C because we are dividing both sides of the equation by (ac)! thus we are left with a 1 on the RHS.

Anyway, I'll signal you by pm all the question from the test that seem to be wrong/mispelled

Yup the question is wrong!

Fixed it! And fixed the explanation.

PS: All questions starting with Q01 are mine

Sandy
If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Try our free Online GRE Test

Director
Director

Re: QUANTITATIVE SECTION 3 -Question 18 of 20|ID: Q01-77 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2017, 08:20
sandy wrote:
IlCreatore wrote:
Carcass wrote:

Yup the question is wrong!

Fixed it! And fixed the explanation.

PS: All questions starting with Q01 are mine

Thanks!
Re: QUANTITATIVE SECTION 3 -Question 18 of 20|ID: Q01-77   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2017, 08:20

QUANTITATIVE SECTION 3 -Question 18 of 20|ID: Q01-77

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact