It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 06:18
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

QOTD #22 Those who knew the editor as a (i) _________ and

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1030 [0], given: 4640

CAT Tests
QOTD #22 Those who knew the editor as a (i) _________ and [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2016, 06:05
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

23% (00:36) correct 76% (00:40) wrong based on 17 sessions
Those who knew the editor as a (i) _________ and uncommunicative young man are surprised to find him so vocally dogmatic in his (ii) _________, though perhaps it is precisely because he has always been so slow to think that he has taken to the security of his (iii) _________ positions, which at least allow him to be quick to judge.

Blank iBlank iiBlank iii
a) costived) dotageg) arbitrary
b) homelye) jouissanceh) doctrinaire
c) cynicalf) quiescencei) picayune

[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
A, D, H
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 109 [1] , given: 15

Re: QOTD #22 Those who knew the editor as a (i) _________ and [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2016, 03:22
This post received
KUDOS
The easiest blank to fill is the third blank. “which at least allow him to be quick to judge” gives the clue that position which he occupies gives him the rights to judge others hence the answer is “doctrinaire”. “surprised” and “vocally dogmatic” gives the clue that he is reticent, hence the answer to the first blank is “costive“. Now the second blank contrasts his behavior now to when he was young. Hence the second blank is “dotage”
Re: QOTD #22 Those who knew the editor as a (i) _________ and   [#permalink] 30 Jul 2016, 03:22

QOTD #22 Those who knew the editor as a (i) _________ and

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact