It is currently 21 Mar 2019, 18:03
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

PowerPrep vs. Practice Tests in GRE Super Power Pack

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

PowerPrep vs. Practice Tests in GRE Super Power Pack [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2019, 17:54
I have taken two of the practice tests in the Super Power Pack (PDF form) and scored very high on the verbal (165 and 164, respectively). My quant has been eh (152 to 159, respectively) on the PDF practice tests. I took PowerPrep today and only got 160 on verbal (somewhat lower than expected) and 158 on quant (around what I would expect given the last PDF test had me at 159).

Is verbal generally easier in the PDF practice tests than in PowerPrep? Or am I just crossing my fingers that I had an off day when it came to verbal? PowerPrep 1's verbal seemed a lot more confusing to me than verbal sections on Magoosh and the Super Power Pack practice tests. What has been everyone else's experiences here?
Followers: 94

Kudos [?]: 1145 [0], given: 5455

CAT Tests
Re: PowerPrep vs. Practice Tests in GRE Super Power Pack [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2019, 00:06
Expert's post
Hi,

difficult to assert what went wrong. However, usually working on a pdf and get a certain result depends on you have timed yourself.

When you take a test you should always set the timer, having no distractions.

it depends on the context you take the test. Could be reliable or not.

We are here for further questions if you do need.

Regards

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Target Test Prep Representative
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 53 [1] , given: 0

Re: PowerPrep vs. Practice Tests in GRE Super Power Pack [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2019, 17:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I understand why you are asking the question; however, since you will be taking the computer-based GRE, I think you really need to look at your most recent computer-based practice test score as your most accurate baseline score. Remember, when trying to determine your current GRE score, you need to take each practice exam under the most realistic conditions possible. There is a pretty significant difference between taking an exam on paper and taking an exam on a computer, right?

What are your GRE quant and verbal score goals, and when is your actual GRE?

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GRE Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Re: PowerPrep vs. Practice Tests in GRE Super Power Pack   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2019, 17:11

PowerPrep vs. Practice Tests in GRE Super Power Pack

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact