It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 06:32
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

OG_VPR # 4 Instant celebrity is often (i) _________ as

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
2 KUDOS received
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1033 [2] , given: 4647

CAT Tests
OG_VPR # 4 Instant celebrity is often (i) _________ as [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2016, 02:42
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

28% (00:34) correct 71% (00:42) wrong based on 28 sessions
Instant celebrity is often (i) _________ asset because if there is no (ii) _________ to interest the public—no stage or screen triumphs, no interesting books, no heroic exploits—people quickly become bored.

Blank iBlank ii
a) a fleetingd) competing attraction
b) an incomparablee) continuity of exposure
c) an untappedf) real achievement

[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
A and F

Practice Questions
Question: 4
Page: 84
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 1033 [0], given: 4647

CAT Tests
Re: OG_VPR # 4 Instant celebrity is often (i) _________ as [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2016, 02:44
Expert's post
Explanation

The sentence says that people quickly become bored with those who achieve sudden fame in the absence of the condition named by Blank (ii), implying that instant celebrity often does not last long; among the answer choices for Blank (i) only “a fleeting” matches this meaning, so it is correct. The answer to Blank (ii) must be an umbrella term for things listed in the second part of the sentence as
defeaters of boredom: “screen triumphs,” “interesting books,” “heroic exploits.” The answer choice that best matches this meaning is “real achievement,” so it is correct. “Competing attraction” also seems a plausible choice for Blank (ii), but it is incorrect because the sentence does not mention competition between attractions. Thus the correct answer is a fleeting (Choice A) and real achievement (Choice F).

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Re: OG_VPR # 4 Instant celebrity is often (i) _________ as   [#permalink] 03 Oct 2016, 02:44

OG_VPR # 4 Instant celebrity is often (i) _________ as

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact