It is currently 22 Mar 2019, 08:08
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Not good standardized test taker; which online program best?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Not good standardized test taker; which online program best? [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2019, 08:30
Hi,

I will need to take the GRE next year for grad school. I do very well in college (3.8+ GPA), but am not a great standardized test taker. I got a 22 on ACT and 1020 on SAT. I also get tricked pretty easily on standardized tests. With that being said, what are the best online GRE prep courses that can take me from basic understanding to doing well on the test? I would like something that is guided to keep me organized. Based on some reading I was thinking Target Test Prep for quant and Magoosh for verbal. What do you think? Do both of those take you from teach all concepts through to advanced?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Followers: 94

Kudos [?]: 1147 [0], given: 5456

CAT Tests
Re: Not good standardized test taker; which online program best? [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2019, 13:36
Expert's post
Here you do have tons of resources for the best score.

However, you could go for magoosh or our Dear Brent form Greenlight test prep.

Here the course reviews https://greprepclub.com/reviews/?fl=menu

Hope this helps

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 0

Re: Not good standardized test taker; which online program best? [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2019, 15:31
This post received
KUDOS
Hey I just wanted to mention that you can drop by my Veritas Prep live online GRE course that starts next Monday the 7th. Anyone can attend the first session for free. Just go to https://www.veritasprep.com/gre/free-gre-class/

In that first 3-hour lesson I actually go through each question type on the verbal side and the quantitative side. This is the actual lesson from a new course that starts on Monday from 7PM to 10PM Eastern Time. And you will be able to participate as I go through numerous problems and answer student questions. The format is something to see as it streams live in HD in a way that is unique in the test prep world.

Veritas Prep has been a big name in GMAT Prep for more than 15 years and has been helping people succeed on the GRE for the last couple of years. I really feel great about the fact that Veritas allows anyone to attend that first lecture and I get to convey some great information to even more people.

Thought you might like to know!

Best of luck prepping!

David Newland
Veritas Prep GRE Instructor

1 KUDOS received
Target Test Prep Representative
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 53 [1] , given: 0

Re: Not good standardized test taker; which online program best? [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2019, 09:38
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi crazysports457,

If you need quant help, I definitely recommend using Target Test Prep. We have helped thousands of students successfully prepare for the GRE and we have a 5-star rating here on GRE Prep Club. Here are some key reasons why GRE students have found success with Target Test Prep:

-We meticulously created TTP questions to properly emulate the questions on the actual GRE. TTP questions are extremely similar in form and function to the questions you’ll see on test day.

-We offer more than 3,000 realistic practice GRE Quant questions, each with a crystal clear, clean, actionable solution. We know that when you are preparing for the GRE, proper practice makes perfect.

-We teach every concept, strategy, tool, and technique that you need to crush your competition and earn a top GRE Quant score. When you study with TTP, you leave nothing to chance.

-We provide you with a personalized, smart, strategic plan of study to follow, whatever your starting point and score goal. You’ll always know exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it.

-We wrote the TTP course with the goal of making GRE math come to life and making GRE math mastery attainable for all students.

-We ensure that you are truly learning every lesson and retaining what you learn. Each major topic is supported by realistic practice questions that underscore what has been discussed.

-We actively engage you in learning with more than 800 instructor-led videos that teach the high-value skills necessary for achieving a high score.

-We offer comprehensive analytics that allow you to quickly locate areas in which you’re weak, so that you can turn those weak areas into strong ones.

-We designed the TTP course to utilize best practices in teaching and learning and implement many of the most important discoveries in learning theory and cognitive neuroscience, helping you to prepare more efficiently and maximize your outcome.

If you’d like to discuss Target Test Prep further, I’d be happy to talk with you.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GRE Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Re: Not good standardized test taker; which online program best?   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2019, 09:38

Not good standardized test taker; which online program best?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact