It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 20:15
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Nice way to shortlist universities ...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Nice way to shortlist universities ... [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2016, 13:48
I am looking for a shortlist of schools for Industrial Engg/Operations Research and my profile is GRE Q 156/GRE V 150/GPA 3.1, decent SOP and recommendations, undergrad Mechanical Engg. from Top 20 school … I input my profile and got the following list on the site which seems reasonable .... (categories are from the site)

STRONG (top candidate):
U Minnesota
Wayne State
Stevens Institute of Tech

COMPETITIVE (above par, solid shot):
Case Western
U Oklahoma – Norman
Northeastern U

PAR (similar to other candidates):
U Pittsburgh
UT Austin
U Virginia

POSSIBLE (need to address gaps):
Penn State
Texas A&M
NCSU

STRETCH:
Stanford
U Cal Berkeley
U Mich – Ann Arbor
Intern
Intern

Re: Nice way to shortlist universities ... [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2017, 19:51
Hi ,

I am an International student from India and am planning to apply for the Full time MBA program for Fall 2017 in the third deadlines .Please help what all colleges should I target. Below is a brief about my profile :

GRE score - 306 (Q157/V149)
IELTS-7 band

Experience
Have more than 4 years of work experience in Retail Industry -Buying /Merchandising .(currently working as a Senior Merchandiser)
Companies that I worked for - TPG wholesale PVT. LTD., Fabindia Overseas PVT.LTD. , GS International .

Education[/b}
Masters in Fashion Management (NIFT , India) - GPA - 3+
B.A (programme)- economics and Maths - GPA- 3+
Did my 3rd semester of Masters from Philadelphia University , Pennsylvania (exchange program) - GPA- 3.8.

[b]Personal

Leadership skills with acumen for planning and organizing. I was a part of college Union for 2 years in undergraduate college as a college president for NSS (National service scheme)
Social Work - Was a member of Tobacco Free Brigade, World Lung Foundation. Organised Personality development programs , blood donation camps, health check up camps and worked for Visually challenged students at college/University level .
Awarded “International Youth ambassador for peace” by Youth Federation for world peace in 2009.
Please advise if i'm eligible to apply for the course . Hoping for a positive response .

Thanks ,
Gargi Pathak
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Nice way to shortlist universities ... [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2017, 21:19
Now that you have an idea of which industry/industries you want to get into, have a look at the available careers in the field. The career databases should also give you job descriptions. For example, in the automotive field; you could want to be an automotive design engineer or an automotive manufacturing engineer. These are very different job descriptions even though they are in the same field. Make a list of jobs in the profession that excite you.
Intern
Intern

Re: Nice way to shortlist universities ... [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2017, 22:27
Wow!Absolutely fantastic writing.I am very happy and gets good things for making our journey easy.Thanks for this post and this is well good for us and every ones.Thanks a lot.
Re: Nice way to shortlist universities ...   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2017, 22:27

Nice way to shortlist universities ...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Moderators

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms of Use| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact