It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 21:15
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

My Unique GRE Experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
4 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: 270 Q167 V163
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [4] , given: 0

Reviews Badge
My Unique GRE Experience [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2016, 12:13
This post received
KUDOS
My situation is unique in that I only had 1 month to prep for my GRE exam. I scheduled my test for mid-September and began preparation exactly 30 days beforehand. I figured that I would study for a month and take the exam with plans to re-take it if I felt that I could vastly improve my score. I knew that this would be a difficult mountain to climb in only one month, so I signed up for TargetTestPrep's 1-month subscription to help me with the quantitative section ($99 per month for 1 month). After playing around within the site for several days I realized the most valuable thing for me would be its simulation of the test environment and the abundance of practice problems. For 28 straight days I made it a habit to complete ~40-50 practice problems for a specific concept covered by the exam. For those that have already taken the test or are currently studying, you probably know that the detail-oriented nature of the GRE quantitative questions is one of the most difficult aspects of the test. As such, having an online resource that effectively simulated the computer-delivered test was very valuable. I would go back and read some notes on whichever concepts I was struggling with; however, I would hammer home the importance of just doing as many problems as possible. For the verbal section, I used the internet as my main resource and found several websites that listed 200+ vocabulary words that commonly appeared on the exam and did some root word studying as well. Knowing a solid number of the most common root words can be very helpful in guessing correctly when you get down to two or three answers that seem like they could be correct. This is my advice for anyone who is in a time crunch while preparing for the exam. Though, I know everyone's experiences can vary in what they find the most helpful. I ended up scoring a 163 on the verbal section and a 167 on the quantitative section. I was very pleased with how I did and think that the online resources I used helped me greatly in achieving my test goals.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: My Unique GRE Experience [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2017, 10:05
This post received
KUDOS
I wouldn't recommend following the schedule I did. It was five days of very intense studying. Too much pressure and no fun at all.

Three to four weeks would be ideal to prepare without panicking. Take a diagnostic test - found in almost all GRE books, to assess what you need to study. It's basic math and english, so studying things you already know is definitely a waste of time. Identify weaknesses and study those. Whatever you are good at can be revised later on
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: My Unique GRE Experience [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2017, 21:23
Omg! sidharth,bro u sounded too proficient with your preparation and still u found the exam too tough!! this itself gives me goosebumps bro! but for me i have to complete the exam with flying colours and for me flying colours can be around 300-320..i dont expect a score more than that or less than that..so kindly wind me up with some simple suggestions to score in the expected range..i can aver that my GRE prep is already on! and i am struggling with my quant and verb…:)
Intern
Intern
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: My Unique GRE Experience [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2017, 08:23
163 and 167 is very impressive! May I ask what your scores were at the onset of your studying? Did you take a diagnostic test estimating your scores? I love success stories! :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: My Unique GRE Experience [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2017, 17:33
I am much impressive hearing your success here. Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: My Unique GRE Experience [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2017, 02:09
Great lesson
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: My Unique GRE Experience [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2017, 06:13
Verbal (test I think ): As soon as I began this area, I blanked on the primary inquiry . I hailed it and after that went ahead to the following question– that too I couldn't answer . It was my most terrible area I had ever given ever. I could scarcely answer any inquiries. What turned out badly ? The sentence structures were truly convoluted however with extremely basic vocabulary, exempli gratia :

I am not a _ but rather neither a _ nor a _ (choices: basic vocabulary)
Re: My Unique GRE Experience   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2017, 06:13

My Unique GRE Experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Moderators

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms of Use| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact