It is currently 14 Oct 2019, 20:28
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made eith

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
GRE Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2015
Posts: 2464
Followers: 83

Kudos [?]: 2461 [1] , given: 34

CAT Tests
Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made eith [#permalink] New post 29 May 2019, 10:15
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

100% (00:19) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 20 sessions
Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made either online or in a store. If 55 percent of the purchases were made online, what was the ratio of the number of purchases made online to the number of purchases made in a store?

A) 11 to 9

B) 11 to 5

C) 10 to 9

D) 9 to 11

E) 9 to 10

Math Review
Question: 11
Page: 158
Difficulty: medium
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

_________________

Brent Hanneson – Creator of greenlighttestprep.com
Image
Sign up for my free GRE Question of the Day emails

1 KUDOS received
GRE Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2015
Posts: 2464
Followers: 83

Kudos [?]: 2461 [1] , given: 34

CAT Tests
Re: Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made eith [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2019, 09:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
GreenlightTestPrep wrote:
Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made either online or in a store. If 55 percent of the purchases were made online, what was the ratio of the number of purchases made online to the number of purchases made in a store?
A) 11 to 9
B) 11 to 5
C) 10 to 9
D) 9 to 11
E) 9 to 10

Math Review
Question: 11
Page: 158
Difficulty: medium


If 55% of the purchases were made ONLINE, then the remaining 45% of the purchases were made IN A STORE

What was the ratio of the number of purchases made online to the number of purchases made in a store?
Ratio = 55 to 45

Check the answer choices . . . not there.
Looks like we need to SIMPLIFY the ratio.
Take: 55 to 45
Divide both sides by 5 to get: 11 to 9

Answer: A

RELATED VIDEO FROM MY COURSE

_________________

Brent Hanneson – Creator of greenlighttestprep.com
Image
Sign up for my free GRE Question of the Day emails

Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 190
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 0

Re: Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made eith [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2019, 17:59
Expert's post
GreenlightTestPrep wrote:
Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made either online or in a store. If 55 percent of the purchases were made online, what was the ratio of the number of purchases made online to the number of purchases made in a store?

A) 11 to 9

B) 11 to 5

C) 10 to 9

D) 9 to 11

E) 9 to 10

Math Review
Question: 11
Page: 158
Difficulty: medium


The ratio of online purchases to store purchases is 55/45 = 11/9.

Answer: A
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
22 Reviews

5-star rated online GRE quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GRE quant course on GRE Prep Club. Read Our Reviews

Re: Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made eith   [#permalink] 09 Jun 2019, 17:59
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Last year, all purchases of a certain product were made eith

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GRE® test is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by ETS®.