It is currently 09 Dec 2018, 21:05
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

(i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Followers: 76

Kudos [?]: 1022 [0], given: 4624

CAT Tests
(i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2017, 10:20
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

45% (00:48) correct 54% (00:36) wrong based on 37 sessions

(i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation for reliability; Garth's poorly disguised excuses, however, were improbably interpreted by his (ii)_________ , hypochondriac employer as a sign of great foresight and (iii)_________.

Blank (i) Blank (ii)Blank (iii)
(A) an embezzler (D) casuistic (G) insipidity
(B) a malingerer (E) imposing(H) sagacity
(C) a pilferer (F) trepidatious(I) temerity

[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
B,F,H
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [1] , given: 5

Re: (i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2018, 06:34
This post received
KUDOS
Bad guy/malingerer is unlikely to gain a reputation for reliability; Garth's poorly disguised excuses, however, were improbably interpreted by his fearfulness/ trepid, hypochondriac employer as a sign of great foresight and sagacity.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 61 [1] , given: 27

Re: (i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2018, 10:24
This post received
KUDOS
Embezzler and Pilferer is related to stealing/fraudulently use someone's property. So, malinger fits in.Garth's poorly disguised excuses, however, were improbably interpreted by his fearful/trepidadious and hypochondriac employer as a sign of great foresight and sagacity (fits well with great foresight/wisdom).
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 1

Re: (i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2018, 10:44
This post received
KUDOS
SPELLING MISTAKES!

(D) should be CAUSTIC, not causistic
(F) should be TREPIDATIOUS, not trepidadious
(G) should be INSIPIDITY, not insidipity
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: (i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2018, 10:46
That said, I don't understand how the excuses could be seen as a "sign of great foresight and sagacity." I mean, excuses are excuses. How can they make a person look like he is sagacious and has great foresight? The sentence doesn't really make sense to me.
Followers: 76

Kudos [?]: 1022 [0], given: 4624

CAT Tests
Re: (i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2018, 10:55
Expert's post
Fixed the typos.

As for the second blank is casuistic = practicing clever but unsound reasoning a sort of random fortune.

Honestly, this is a question far from the quality and charm of an official question, even though is a question from Manhattan GRE.

Stuffing a sentence with difficult words does not mean it is a good question from which you learn something really useful.

Thanks

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Re: (i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2018, 10:55

(i) ___________ is unlikely to gain a reputation f

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact