It is currently 24 Mar 2019, 11:19
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

How to improve GRE score 310 to 320

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

How to improve GRE score 310 to 320 [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2016, 16:11
Hello!

I have just finished my GRE test and scored 310 (Q-160 and V-150). Although I occasionally reviewed few chapters of MGRE 5lb, I basically focused on official guides and ets powerprep. I have taken the test with one month preparation.

In the real test, I have seen pretty similar words that were in the official guides. I have not found any peculiar math or verbal problem (concept) that was not discussed in the official books.

Actually, I need 320 on GRE but wonder how to improve my score to 320 in the second attempt.

Advance appreciate your recommendation.

Thank you
2 KUDOS received
GRE Prep Club Legend
GRE Prep Club Legend
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 105

Kudos [?]: 1783 [2] , given: 397

Re: How to improve GRE score 310 to 320 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2016, 03:32
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Needscore wrote:
Hello!

I have just finished my GRE test and scored 310 (Q-160 and V-150). Although I occasionally reviewed few chapters of MGRE 5lb, I basically focused on official guides and ets powerprep. I have taken the test with one month preparation.

In the real test, I have seen pretty similar words that were in the official guides. I have not found any peculiar math or verbal problem (concept) that was not discussed in the official books.

Actually, I need 320 on GRE but wonder how to improve my score to 320 in the second attempt.

Advance appreciate your recommendation.

Thank you

Hi Needscore,

Where did you loose the 10 points in Quant and 20 points in Verbal would underline your preparation strategy.

For Instance lets consider Verbal:

1. If you lost majority of points on RC Questions you need to practice more RC Questions
2. If you lost a lot of points in Sentence Equivalence or Sentence Correction you need to learn more GRE Words and have some practice exercises

Lets consider Quant:

1. See the subject wise breakup of the points lost. If there are question from a particular topic you got wrong the most. A topic focused study session would help.

2. If its "silly mistakes" are loosing you points all across the board then you need to polish your test taking skills and work speed and accuracy.

Regards,

Sandy
If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Try our free Online GRE Test

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: How to improve GRE score 310 to 320 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2016, 05:02
Hi Sandy!

Thank you so much for the "to the point suggestion". However, I have not seen any word that troubled me. I want to work as per your suggestion but how I can know my subject wise break up of the points lost.

Thank(really kudos) you again.

Amin
GRE Prep Club Legend
GRE Prep Club Legend
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 105

Kudos [?]: 1783 [0], given: 397

Re: How to improve GRE score 310 to 320 [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2016, 07:17
Expert's post
Needscore wrote:
Hi Sandy!

Thank you so much for the "to the point suggestion". However, I have not seen any word that troubled me. I want to work as per your suggestion but how I can know my subject wise break up of the points lost.

Thank(really kudos) you again.

Amin

Take sample test and see if some pattern emerges. I would recommend that you try out our tests here.

After completion of each section you get a detailed analysis of your performance. Note down each section scores.

You can also use one of the commercially available tests. Refer to this post for more details.

Free GRE Tests Compilation

Sandy
If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Try our free Online GRE Test

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: How to improve GRE score 310 to 320 [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2016, 10:49
Any improvements since June?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: How to improve GRE score 310 to 320 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2018, 10:48
in your place I would pass more tests and try to find my weak points. Well, then I worked through my mistakes. I still advise reading the dissertations https://oceanessay.com/dissertation-writing-services/ it seems to me that they contribute to your development and will help to find weak spots.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: How to improve GRE score 310 to 320 [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2018, 10:36
can you share what happened after?
were you able to improve your score?
Re: How to improve GRE score 310 to 320   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2018, 10:36

How to improve GRE score 310 to 320

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact