It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 18:11
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2014, 23:08
I find it hard to believe that you have to finish in under 30 mins to get a perfect score. That means if I get all questions right (raw score 40/40) in quant and finish each section using the full 35 mins I won't get a perfect score? That's absurd if true.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
GRE 1: 326 Q165 V161
Followers: 68

Kudos [?]: 307 [1] , given: 64

Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2014, 04:24
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Yes !
You can try it yourself in the GRE Powerprep software too! If you make all the math answers correct(40/40) and use the full 35 mins to solve both the sections you will get 166/170.
I am not sure how long ago you should submit your section to get a 170/170. I put a 30 min deadline(self imposed) and it worked. The real one can be anything between 30-35 mins.
If you are really adamant to get a 170 in Maths i would recommend a 30 min deadline.
I hope this helps.

My GRE Resources
Free GRE resources | GRE Prep Club Quant Tests
If you find this post helpful, please press the kudos button to let me know ! :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2014, 05:55
Wow! Thanks very much for this bit of info. I hadn't the slightest clue. I got 170/170 (40/40) a week ago on the Quant section in Powerprep and finished both sections in about 20 mins average and spent about 10 mins reviewing and hunting for errors (So about 30 mins average). I took the second test a few days ago and got 167/170 (38/40). I definitely used more time on the test though I still managed to miss my 2 errors (Gutted).
I heard that the GRE Quant recently got harder and coupled with this new information I've apprehended I'm not overly pleased.
My exam is on Friday and hoepfully I'll be back here with good news.
Thanks again for the info Soumya :)
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
GRE 1: 326 Q165 V161
Followers: 68

Kudos [?]: 307 [1] , given: 64

Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2014, 07:50
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
You are welcome man! Best of luck for your GRE exam! :-D
Some final minute tips I wanna share from my experience-

1. Always bring some food(like Mars bar) and energy drink (red bull, coke ) to eat and drink during the mid break. GRE is a very hectic exam. Its mostly a test of patience.

2. Mind the experimental section. Since you won't know which section is the experimental one treat each and every question seriously. Any other tactic can be counter productive.

3. If you have 3 sections on English (i.e the experimental section is English) you have to be extra careful to conserve your energy and mental wellness. Solving 60 questions for the english section can stress you out easily. So be prepared for it.

4. During the mid break, always be aware of the time. Even though the invigilator may ask you to come back when your break time is over, but there is always an odd chance that he or she may not. So try to guesstimate the time and go inside even before the break ends(10 mins last i checked).

I have a request to you once you are done with the exam. Can you please share your story in our Share GRE Experience forum? It will be really helpful as a guidance for other people who are trying to ace the GRE.

Lastly best of luck for your exam!! :good

My GRE Resources
Free GRE resources | GRE Prep Club Quant Tests
If you find this post helpful, please press the kudos button to let me know ! :)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2014, 12:14
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks a lot Soumya! Hopefully I won't get enervated during the test.
The experimental section is silly in my opinion but that's an argument for another day.

I will definitely do that (If it goes well, lol). This site is still inchoate and I'd like to see it get to the level of GmatClub especially as there's a marked absence of proper and populated GRE forums on the web.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 6

Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths [#permalink] New post 03 May 2015, 22:07
I got 170 in Quant section, I used all time, even though i had given answer to one question in last 10 seconds.
I don't think so it is true, pls remove this post, it can be detrimental for students "who are preparing for gre".............
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2015, 19:40
I don't think the time affects the score. Only the number of questions answered correctly matters. As far as scoring 170 is concerned, only practice can get you that score. There are lot of online and free of cost gre practice tests available. Recently I found Wiseswan to be very helpful. The quant questions are really good. And the analytics they provide is the key to identify your weak areas. Give it a try, it's anyway free of cost.

Remember to keep the Powerprep for the end. As they are the closest to actual GRE. You can take the practice tests before but keep the full length test for the end.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 1

Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2017, 19:39
This post received
KUDOS
Rubbish.
"recommend a 30 min deadline" --> This is total BS.

To whomsoever it may concern =>
The Quant or the Verbal Scores are not effected by the time you consume for the section.
If they wanted you to solve those 20 questions in 30 minutes then they would have given 30 minutes and not 35.

Here is the link to read about this-> http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/scores/how/

Regards
Stone Cold
Re: How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths   [#permalink] 12 Jun 2017, 19:39

How to get a perfect 170 in GRE Maths

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms of Use| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact