It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 20:31
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Harvard Grad and 337 GRE Scorer Available to Take Questions.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 2

Harvard Grad and 337 GRE Scorer Available to Take Questions. [#permalink] New post 09 May 2017, 06:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post

I've been tutoring the GRE since 2002 and have achieved 99% scores multiple times, including a perfect 6/6 on the Analytical Writing portion. These days, I take the GRE at least once a year to stay sharp and up-to-date (still trying for my perfect score, but I'm close). On my last test I earned a 337 composite (168 Q / 169 V, 5.5 AW), which came out to 95% in Quant, 99% in Verbal and 98% in Analytical Writing.

Any questions, ask away! Please keep in mind that I cannot comment on questions from any of the actual tests I have taken.

One request: do not private message me, please (unless you are interested in private tutoring)--any questions should be posted here on the forum. I would prefer that other GRE students benefit from my answers as well.

You can also find this thread on reddit, with more responses: https://www.reddit.com/r/GRE/comments/6 ... 68q_169_v/

Harvard grad and 337 GRE scorer, offering high-quality private GRE tutoring, in person and via Skype, since 2002.

McElroy Tutoring

Last edited by skypetutor on 29 Sep 2017, 16:29, edited 9 times in total.
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 363 [0], given: 1526

Re: Harvard Grad and 337 GRE Scorer Available to Take Questions. [#permalink] New post 09 May 2017, 09:28
Expert's post
Fair Enough.

Get the 17 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Harvard Grad and 337 GRE Scorer Available to Take Questions. [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2017, 03:23
Hi Brian,

Please let me know the best tactics to score well in verbal within the time frame esp. in Reading Comprehension. Earlier I had given the test in 2014 scored 146 in verbal and 158 in Quant. I am re-attempting it in a month. My target is somewhere around 320. But am struggling in RC section. Can you please help?

Regards,
Lipsa
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 2

Re: Harvard Grad and 337 GRE Scorer Available to Take Questions. [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2017, 07:37
Expert's post
lipsasnpt wrote:
Hi Brian,

Please let me know the best tactics to score well in verbal within the time frame esp. in Reading Comprehension. Earlier I had given the test in 2014 scored 146 in verbal and 158 in Quant. I am re-attempting it in a month. My target is somewhere around 320. But am struggling in RC section. Can you please help?

Regards,
Lipsa

Hi Lipsa,

You should check out this free e-book that I co-wrote, with full explanations to the first 40 questions from the free GRE Powerprep Online Tests: http://www.mcelroytutoring.com/blog-post.php?id=4185&title=Free+Explanations+to+the+First+40+Questions+from+the+GRE+PowerPrep+2+Software

-Brian

Harvard grad and 337 GRE scorer, offering high-quality private GRE tutoring, in person and via Skype, since 2002.

McElroy Tutoring

Re: Harvard Grad and 337 GRE Scorer Available to Take Questions.   [#permalink] 18 Sep 2017, 07:37

Harvard Grad and 337 GRE Scorer Available to Take Questions.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Moderators

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms of Use| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact