It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 22:49
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 3

GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175 [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2017, 09:34
This post received
KUDOS
00:00

Question Stats:

17% (00:34) correct 82% (01:05) wrong based on 17 sessions
The minister for Handicrafts and small Industries argues that for a serious treatment of arts, such as terracotta and textile block printing, too many art connoisseurs are blindness ____________ to their prejudice against textile as a medium of art.

A. traceable
B. opposition
C. attributed
D. reduced
E. referring
F. corresponding

I am having difficulty understanding the highlighted language, because of which I am not able to deduce the correct answer(A & C)

Thanks in advance
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 971 [1] , given: 4479

CAT Tests
Re: GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175 [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2017, 02:23
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
The connoisseurs are the very experts in some field: horology, customize a car for instance and so forth. They are really in depth of the stuff of a certain argument.

Sometimes these people a blind in their knowledge I.E they are to secure of their skills to understand that something outside the box could come into the picture. They are assumptive or blindness. As it turns out their blindness is traceable or attributed or accounted for their prejudice against textile as a medium of art.

Hope now is more clear to you.

regards

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 15

Re: GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175 [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2018, 13:58
Something is not right with the sentence. I feel like it is missing a conjunction or a punctuation or something. I had the same problem on the test. As soon as I reached the word 'blindness' I completely got lost on the meaning.

Kudos [?]: 971 [0], given: 4479

CAT Tests
Re: GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175 [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2018, 22:01
Expert's post
The question from any grammar standpoint is perfectly fine.

If we wanna really to point out something is a question of fluency: the word serious could be changed is severe.

For the rest all is fine.

Regards

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175 [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2018, 02:46
Shouldn't that highlighted portion be "Connoisseurs are blindly" traceable for their prejudice....that way it becomes meaningful

Kudos [?]: 971 [0], given: 4479

CAT Tests
Re: GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175 [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2018, 04:33
Expert's post
I am not quite sure I got what do you mean.

However, you have to fill in the blank with two words akin in their meaning. The answers are A and C.

See my explanation above, please.

Regards

Re: GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2018, 04:33

GRE prep Club test question- ID: Q01-175

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact