It is currently 26 May 2019, 01:46
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

GRE Analytical Writing Help book (e-book format)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GRE Analytical Writing Help book (e-book format) [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2019, 12:22
Hi, I want to introduce you to this brand new e-book from Amazon.

"Analytical Writing: For College Students and GRE/GMAT Test Takers" by Dr. Nanhee Byrnes

If you are wondering about how to prepare for GRE AWA section, this book is for you. The book has three components:

1. Mechanics relating to writing GRE Issue and Argument essays (e.g., structure, thesis statement, argument construction, strategy for a high score)

2. Ideas for the GRE issue essay A lot of GRE issue statements are very theoretical, as they come from college humanity and social science courses. Many of them you will have no idea of how to respond to if you have not taken a course relating to the issue statement (e.g., social utility of scandals, corporate social responsibility, authority and the well-being of the society, civil disobedience, role of the representative, goal of governance, heroes as mirrors of their societies, effective leaders, role of college education, personal identity, law and the hearts of the people, discovery of new knowledge, and growth of knowledge). To take a position and support your thesis, you will have to do a lot of research. If you want to learn how these issues are addressed in college 'humanity' courses, you should read this e-book. You will be entertained as well as educated.

3. Fallacies and scientific methodology In the GRE Argument essay, you have to evaluate a given argument. Most GRE prompt arguments commit some form of causal fallacies or draw conclusions from unscientific methods. Knowledge on these areas is indispensable to criticize GRE arguments. In the e-book, you will learn these two tools of critical thinking.
GRE Analytical Writing Help book (e-book format)   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2019, 12:22

GRE Analytical Writing Help book (e-book format)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Moderators

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact