It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 10:02
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirect

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 79

Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirect [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2020, 00:12
00:00

Question Stats:

69% (00:40) correct 30% (00:39) wrong based on 43 sessions
Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirectly: he----childhood processes from adult----.

(A) reconstructed.. memory
(B) condoned.. experience
(C) incorporated.. behavior
(D) released.. monotony
(E) inferred.. anticipation
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 79

Re: Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirect [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2020, 00:15
Can someone please help explain? Other online answers on the internet weren't good enough
I expected the first blank to be some words like redirect as it bears similar meaning to derive & second blank to be experience. But there was no close match so I chose C, which was wrong. Reconstruct = rebuild in A does not sound like the word derive.
3 KUDOS received
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 328 [3] , given: 52

Re: Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirect [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2020, 03:29
This post received
KUDOS
mind wrote:
Can someone please help explain? Other online answers on the internet weren't good enough
I expected the first blank to be some words like redirect as it bears similar meaning to derive & second blank to be experience. But there was no close match so I chose C, which was wrong. Reconstruct = rebuild in A does not sound like the word derive.

The words don't have to have literal synonyms. They just have to fit well in the sentence when it is read in its entirety.

My initial glance at the answer choices compelled me to vacillate between A and E.

It is given that Freud derived psychoanalytic (sounds like nuclear physics to me :)) childhood knowledge indirectly. I reckon both you and I agree that indirectly and knowledge are hints. he----childhood processes from adult----, He might have guessed, derived, analyze etc.. from adult life, but we don't know. Whatever the case may be, he definitely have not used child knowledge directly. Looking at the answer choices, condone means to allow, incorporate means to combine, release means to let go. They are all intimated him of using child knowledge directly, so we can rule them out. Reconstruct means constructing something after it has been destroyed. You are not constructing child knowledge from itself, but you are in fact using adult knowledge as your base to reconstruct your childhood memory. The second blank has to be similar to knowledge, so memory fits well. Hence, the answer should be A.

Any further concerns? Please reply and I will be happy to help.

Thanks and Regards,

theBrahmaTiger

If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Rules for Posting

Got 20 Kudos? You can get Free GRE Prep Club Tests

GRE Prep Club Members of the Month:TOP 10 members of the month with highest kudos receive access to 3 months GRE Prep Club tests

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirect [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2020, 05:16
why not the option E is corect?
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 52

Re: Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirect [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2020, 15:07
debashisdtt170 wrote:
why not the option E is corect?

You are not learning about childhood because of adult anticipation.

Thanks and Regards,

theBrahmaTiger

If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Rules for Posting

Got 20 Kudos? You can get Free GRE Prep Club Tests

GRE Prep Club Members of the Month:TOP 10 members of the month with highest kudos receive access to 3 months GRE Prep Club tests

Re: Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirect   [#permalink] 19 Jul 2020, 15:07

Freud derived psychoanalytic knowledge of childhood indirect

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact