It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 13:56
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GRE 1: Q168 V169
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 50 [1] , given: 2

ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2017, 09:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ETS, the maker of the GRE, has announced the release of 2 new GRE practice tests. The tests cost $40 each, are online-only / limited to 90 days access, and you can only take them once per purchase, but they do include answer explanations.

The free GRE PowerPrep software has also been retired, and replaced with a web-only version accessible through the ETS website (also free).

Click here and scroll down to purchase the 2 new PowerPrep Plus tests from the ETS website.

Harvard grad and verified 99% GRE scorer, offering high-quality private GRE tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

GRE Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Personal Best GRE Score: 168/170 Quant (95%), 169/170 Verbal (99%), 5.5 AWA (98%)

GRE Vocab Capacity - Amazon.com

Vince and Brian's GRE PowerPrep Explanations - Amazon.com

My GRE AMA on Reddit

Check Me Out on GMAT Club

Last edited by skypetutor on 03 Aug 2017, 11:13, edited 5 times in total.
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 973 [0], given: 4488

CAT Tests
Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2017, 10:20
Expert's post
Precious.

However, reading the specifications they do not say you can not take more than one but only that the login expired after 90 days you purchase.

Thank you so much

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 2

Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2017, 11:29
Expert's post
Happy to help! You do indeed have access to your questions / results / score report for 90 days, but you cannot take the test(s) more than once unless you pay another $40. However, it does not indicate this fact clearly on the ETS website.

Harvard grad and verified 99% GRE scorer, offering high-quality private GRE tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

Personal Best GRE Score: 168/170 Quant (95%), 169/170 Verbal (99%), 5.5 AWA (98%)

My GRE AMA on Reddit

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2017, 07:59
Are they worth it, the extra ETS tests? Can one score well, without buying these two?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 50 [1] , given: 2

Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2017, 09:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Yes, they are worth it, and yes, one can still score well without using them.

My GRE AMA on Reddit

Intern
Intern

Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2017, 22:07
Thanks. I would be very interested in starting a GRE hate club. Mostly because ETS is so damn insensitive and annoying in the way it has designed the website. It takes ages to find where you took the practice test. The whole thing about it is user-unfriendly. Amazing to think how unthoughtful companies become market leaders. Pretty exasperating. Would like someone to make a post on how to develop tolerance and compassion for the money-minting ETS so as not to spoil/bomb your test.

Anyone else find them annoying? You can find hours on their site, and not find the info. you need. I am trying to find where I took the practice test - good luck to me!
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 107 [1] , given: 78

Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2017, 22:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mindful wrote:
Thanks. I would be very interested in starting a GRE hate club. Mostly because ETS is so damn insensitive and annoying in the way it has designed the website. It takes ages to find where you took the practice test. The whole thing about it is user-unfriendly. Amazing to think how unthoughtful companies become market leaders. Pretty exasperating. Would like someone to make a post on how to develop tolerance and compassion for the money-minting ETS so as not to spoil/bomb your test.

Anyone else find them annoying? You can find hours on their site, and not find the info. you need. I am trying to find where I took the practice test - good luck to me!

I feel your pain - GRE Power Prep Software is archaic and requires a computer science degree to install and run it.
There are some issues with the GRE, and thankfully there are alternatives such as GMAT and vice versa. At least it is cheaper than the GMAT....

Founder of GRE Prep Club

New Project - 20 Free GRE Quant Tests

CAT Tests
Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2017, 04:39
Expert's post
bb wrote:
mindful wrote:

I feel your pain - GRE Power Prep Software is archaic and requires a computer science degree to install and run it.
There are some issues with the GRE, and thankfully there are alternatives such as GMAT and vice versa. At least it is cheaper than the GMAT....

I think this is the reason why they migrated the software online. Moreover, nowadays most of the softwares are online or in cloud.

Yet, you can stillò download it from our website, if you wanna work off-line. Here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkI6k2MqJPfWwi9N2sr34R0teamx

Regards

Intern
Intern

Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2017, 07:46
@ Thanks bb. That's a good point. I will focus on the fact that at least they are cheaper. Thank you for giving me something to think about.

@bb and carcass - Well, thanks for understanding. In fact, I wasn't even referring to the software, but to the site itself. I took the test on the site, but even when you log in, good luck navigating the site because it isn't the world's most intuitive site...you can keep wondering under which section would be what...As well, noone ever responds to queries -there is no real way to contact them. They are not very passionate about making life easier for students. This site (greprepclub) does a better job with that!

CAT Tests
Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2017, 09:11
Expert's post
Weird.

usually, They are very kind and ready to answer via mail. Try once again............do not know for the rest.

Regards

Re: ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online   [#permalink] 26 Dec 2017, 09:11

ETS Releases 2 New practice GREs: GRE PowerPrep Plus Online

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact