It is currently 10 Aug 2020, 16:54
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

engineering graduate application review

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

engineering graduate application review [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2020, 20:44
First, let me briefly introduce myself and my background: I did my undergraduate studies with a government scholarship in Turkey (I am an international student) and graduated the last year 2019 to get my mechanical engineering diploma with a solid yet basic knowledge in the field... before graduation, I applied for master scholarships hoping to pursue my graduate studies in computational fluid mechanics or renewable energy. In a busy schedule and pushing deadlines having to prepare and submit GRE, Toefl, official diploma, etc, I managed to get only a couple of scholarships which was later rejected due to the delay of the official diploma that was given by mid-august. However, I still got an offer from Turkish scholarships at XXXX University, which I accepted.

As I started my master program I found that,due to limited budget, the research facilities provided by the mentioned university was frankly inadequate to work on any mechanical engineering related research except for a humble ICE lab so I switched to the automotive department doing my research on ICE emission reduction methods and dual fuel which was the only option. I didn't mind working on a relatively different area than I was expecting as long as I can make a step forward in my academic career. However, after working on this topic and contributing to 2 research papers in a whole semester (the professor didn't put my name but no need to get into that anyways) over time, I realized that this topic is completely outdated and seems to me like a dead end as Automative research is focusing more in mechanics, automation, hybrid and electric vehicles rather than diesel combustion emission with Dual fuel... On the bright side, I believe this experience has been useful to learn how to write a scientific paper and work with experimental data.

With all what has been going on, I am still really determined to make it to a decent research career even if I have to start a new master's program again (not applying for a Phd). And I wish to apply to US,CANADA and Australia and would like to hear your opinion from your experience about scholarship possibilities, recommended universities and my chances of being accepted based on the profile and the background I have mentioned (165 GRE quantitative and 80% GPA and no research paper with my name on it And an erasmus semester in Poland if that is even relevant). Any advice or information is highly appreciated.
engineering graduate application review   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2020, 20:44

engineering graduate application review

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact