It is currently 04 Dec 2020, 15:33
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
3 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Followers: 317

Kudos [?]: 3706 [3] , given: 12962

CAT Tests
During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2020, 15:50
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

58% (00:50) correct 41% (00:46) wrong based on 90 sessions
During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkably, from general endorsement of it as a worthwhile, stable institution to wide spread (i) _______ it as an oppressive and bankrupt one whose (ii) _______ was both imminent and welcome.

Blank (i) Blank (ii)
censure of dissolution
fascination with ascent
flight from vogue

Kudos for the right answer and explanation
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

New to the GRE, and GRE CLUB Forum?
GRE: All you do need to know about the GRE Test | GRE Prep Club for the GRE Exam - The Complete FAQ
Search GRE Specific Questions | Download Vault
Posting Rules: QUANTITATIVE | VERBAL
FREE Resources: GRE Prep Club Official LinkTree Page | Free GRE Materials - Where to get it!! (2020)
Free GRE Prep Club Tests: Got 20 Kudos? You can get Free GRE Prep Club Tests
GRE Prep Club on : Facebook | Instagram

Questions' Banks and Collection:
ETS: ETS Free PowerPrep 1 & 2 All 320 Questions Explanation. | ETS All Official Guides
3rd Party Resource's: All Quant Questions Collection | All Verbal Questions Collection
Books: All GRE Best Books
Scores: The GRE average score at Top 25 Business Schools 2020 Ed. | How to study for GRE retake and score HIGHER - (2020)
How is the GRE Score Calculated -The Definitive Guide (2021)
Tests: GRE Prep Club Tests | FREE GRE Practice Tests [Collection] - New Edition (2021)
Vocab: GRE Prep Club Official Vocabulary Lists for the GRE (2021)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2020, 18:55
This post received
KUDOS
"shifted' is the key word that needs to be considered while answering the question
from and to represents two ends of range there first blank must be dissimilar to endorsement and the second blank must support the explanation or elaboration of the firt blank
A,D are therefore the perfect choices
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

CAT Tests
Re: During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2020, 19:57
Can anybody please explain this? I thought the first blank will be opposite to "worthwhile, stable institution"
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 377 [1] , given: 52

Re: During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2020, 13:28
This post received
KUDOS
ishitadatta wrote:
Can anybody please explain this? I thought the first blank will be opposite to "worthwhile, stable institution"

It should be the opposite of endorsement! Which is why A is the answer. censure means denounce someone. If you still didn't get it, let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

theBrahmaTiger

If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Rules for Posting

Got 20 Kudos? You can get Free GRE Prep Club Tests

GRE Prep Club Members of the Month:TOP 10 members of the month with highest kudos receive access to 3 months GRE Prep Club tests

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

CAT Tests
Re: During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2020, 16:00
theBrahmaTiger wrote:
ishitadatta wrote:

It should be the opposite of endorsement! Which is why A is the answer. censure means denounce someone. If you still didn't get it, let me know.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 10

Re: During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2020, 17:46
Any explanation for blank 2?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 31

Re: During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2020, 08:15
i dint get in both the blanks,can someone explain this??
Founder
Founder
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Followers: 317

Kudos [?]: 3706 [0], given: 12962

CAT Tests
Re: During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkabl [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2020, 09:17
Expert's post
During the 1960s assessments of the family shifted remarkably,

This piece of information means that something changed overtime

from general endorsement of it as a worthwhile, stable institution to wide spread

from good to bad. Therefore, here we need a word that indicates something bad and the only among A,B, and C is A. B and C are out of scope

From stable institution to censorship

(i) _______ it as an oppressive and bankrupt one whose (ii) _______ was both imminent and welcome.

However, this negative thing would come to an end soon.

Imminent is the key word for the second blank.

Ask if something is still unclear.

PS: not a top notch question, though

New to the GRE, and GRE CLUB Forum?
GRE: All you do need to know about the GRE Test | GRE Prep Club for the GRE Exam - The Complete FAQ
Search GRE Specific Questions | Download Vault