It is currently 17 Jun 2019, 22:38
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Based on the total number of people living in all such house

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
GRE Prep Club Legend
GRE Prep Club Legend
GRE 1: Q167 V156
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 117

Kudos [?]: 1895 [0], given: 397

Based on the total number of people living in all such house [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2018, 04:50
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

28% (00:23) correct 71% (01:25) wrong based on 7 sessions

Based on the total number of people living in all such households, which of the following is a correct ordering, from least to greatest, of 1-person households, 3-person households, and 5- person households?

(A) 1-person households, 3-person households, 5-person households
(B) 1-person households, 5-person households, 3-person households
(C) 3-person households, 1-person households, 5-person households
(D) 3-person households, 5-person households, 1-person households
(E) 5-person households, 3-person households, 1-person households
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Sandy
If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Try our free Online GRE Test

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Re: Based on the total number of people living in all such house [#permalink] New post 06 May 2019, 01:09
I think that answer should be E) 5-person households, 3-person households, 1-person households ( since question asks from least to greatest)

Please rectify if I am wrong.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 668 [1] , given: 147

CAT Tests
Re: Based on the total number of people living in all such house [#permalink] New post 06 May 2019, 02:20
This post received
KUDOS
ARIJOSHI wrote:
I think that answer should be E) 5-person households, 3-person households, 1-person households ( since question asks from least to greatest)

Please rectify if I am wrong.

"B" it is because 5 person households means there are 5 person, so the total percent should be multiplied by 5 i.e. 6.7% * 5 = total percentage of 5 person household., similarly for 3 person household

If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Rules for Posting https://greprepclub.com/forum/rules-for ... -1083.html

Founder
Founder
Followers: 114

Kudos [?]: 1338 [0], given: 6306

CAT Tests
Re: Based on the total number of people living in all such house [#permalink] New post 06 May 2019, 02:29
Expert's post
Approximate the total number of households as 76 million (close enough to 75,986,074).

1) One-person households are 21.6% of the total, or approximately 16.4 million. Since each such household has only one person, this represents about 16.4 million people.

2) Three-person households are 16.5% of the total, or approximately 12.5 million. Since each of these households has three people, that is about 37.5 million people.

3) Five-person households are 6.7% of the total, or approximately 5.1 million. Since each of these households has five people, that is about 25.5 million people.

Since 16.4 million < 25.5 million < 37.5 million, the correct ranking is 1-person households, 5-person households, 3-person households.

B is the answer.

PS: this kind of questions are pretty straight, it is only a matter of calculation

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Based on the total number of people living in all such house

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact