It is currently 03 Aug 2020, 09:30
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Followers: 264

Kudos [?]: 3134 [1] , given: 11514

CAT Tests
At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2020, 13:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

36% (00:24) correct 63% (00:27) wrong based on 95 sessions
At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I saw more of her, I found that (i) _______ was very near the surface .

Blank (i)
seriousness
confidence
laughter
poise
determination
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Need Practice? 20 Free GRE Quant Tests available for free with 20 Kudos
GRE Prep Club Members of the Month: Each member of the month will get three months free access of GRE Prep Club tests.

Founder
Founder
Followers: 264

Kudos [?]: 3134 [0], given: 11514

CAT Tests
Re: At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2020, 13:11
Expert's post
Post A Detailed Correct Solution For The Above Questions And Get A Kudos.
Question From Our New Project: Great Opportunity To Earn Kudos!!!

Need Practice? 20 Free GRE Quant Tests available for free with 20 Kudos
GRE Prep Club Members of the Month: Each member of the month will get three months free access of GRE Prep Club tests.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2020, 13:13
Can someone explain this please
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 4

CAT Tests
Re: At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2020, 11:18
Carcass wrote:
Post A Detailed Correct Solution For The Above Questions And Get A Kudos.
Question From Our New Project: Great Opportunity To Earn Kudos!!!

Please explain this one.

@carcass
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 1

Re: At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2020, 16:41
This post received
KUDOS
Carcass wrote:
At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I saw more of her, I found that (i) _______ was very near the surface .

Blank (i)
seriousness
confidence
laughter
poise
determination

“At first” foreshadows contrast. The author found the person’s “gravity rather intimidating”…. BUT, as they “saw more”, they found ________ something else “very near the surface.”

We’re essentially finding an analogy to: first vs. now and gravity is intimidating vs. not grave… better yet, not serious.

Looking at the choices, the only positive (opposite to gravity as intimidating) options are confidence and laugher. Reading back into the sentence, "laughter" is a better contrast than confidence.

[table1b=seriousness,confidence,laughter, poise ,determination][/table1b][/quote]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 197

CAT Tests
Re: At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2020, 05:03
sabkahubbap63 wrote:
Can someone explain this please

Found her gravity means found her seriousness. Now use of "but" is indication of opposite direction of a sentence. Opposite of gravity or seriousness should be laughter

Ever Tried? Ever Failed? No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better!!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 4

CAT Tests
Re: At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2020, 06:55
answer is laughter.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2020, 10:07
Gravity can't means seriousness or the answer won't make sense. At first I found her "seriousness" intimidating but the more I got to know her______ the word must match with whether gravity means. Thus gravity is laughter. The word that is very tricky in the sentence.
Re: At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2020, 10:07

At first, I found her gravity rather intimidating; but, as I

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact