It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 13:57
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads conne

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 477 [1] , given: 84

CAT Tests
Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads conne [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2018, 21:39
This post received
KUDOS
00:00

Question Stats:

37% (01:54) correct 62% (01:01) wrong based on 8 sessions
Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads connecting these towns with her home are shown on the diagram. How many different routes can she take starting from A and returning to A, going through both B and C (but not more than once through each) and not travelling any road twice on the same trip?

A) 10
B) 8
C) 6
D) 4
E) 2
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Attachments

p001-9.gif
p001-9.gif [ 871 Bytes | Viewed 630 times ]

Director
Director
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 514 [0], given: 94

CAT Tests
Re: Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads conne [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2018, 22:58
amorphous wrote:
Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads connecting these towns with her home are shown on the diagram. How many different routes can she take starting from A and returning to A, going through both B and C (but not more than once through each) and not travelling any road twice on the same trip?

Can you share the source plz??

If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Director
Director
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 514 [0], given: 94

CAT Tests
Re: Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads conne [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2018, 23:06
amorphous wrote:

A) 10
B) 8
C) 6
D) 4
E) 2

Here we can assume few possibilities

1st : - let us go to B first, then C and back to A, then we have the following possibilities-
From A to B we have 1 way
From B to C we have 2 ways
From C to A we have 2 ways

Total number of ways = 1*2*2 = 4

2nd - let us go to C first then B and then back to A, we have the following possibilities-
From A to C we have 2 way
From C to B we have 2 ways
From B to A we have 1 way

Total number of ways = 2*2*1 = 4

Total number of ways = 4+4 = 8

If you found this post useful, please let me know by pressing the Kudos Button

Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 477 [0], given: 84

CAT Tests
Re: Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads conne [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2018, 20:48
pranab01 wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Can you share the source plz??

I don't particularly remember the source though this is not from any test prep book or courses.
Re: Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads conne   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2018, 20:48

Amy has to visit towns B and C in any order. The roads conne

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact