It is currently 09 Dec 2018, 19:49
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 76

Kudos [?]: 1022 [1] , given: 4624

CAT Tests
Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2017, 15:54
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

29% (00:26) correct 70% (00:34) wrong based on 58 sessions

Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first received much (i) __________ , it has had a (ii) ________ impact on the majority of the middle-class population, who are burdened mainly by the relatively unvarying property tax.

Blank (i) Blank (ii)
(A) commotion (D) negligible
(B) acclaim (E) necessary
(C) hullabaloo (F) detrimental

[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
B,D
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 11

Re: Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2018, 10:39
why not commotion?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

Re: Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2018, 10:54
That's what I thought. Key world for first blank is although. Afer I read it, I thought it was something like appreciation and acclaim is the closest one. Second blanl needs a negative word and negligible is a good match.
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 76

Kudos [?]: 1022 [1] , given: 4624

CAT Tests
Re: Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2018, 12:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Guys, you should read very carefully and see the whole picture of the unfolding.

Actually, people hoped in a more consistent cut of the taxes because they are burdened but it has a negligible impact.

I.E the scenario was this: oh my gosh finally, we will have a relief thanks to the new cut (for this the cut itself was followed by a fanfare, a huge acclaim). Indeed, it was an epic fail because people didnt have the result they have expecting.

Hope now is clear.

Regards

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 13

Re: Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2018, 12:53
This post received
KUDOS
Yes, it's clear. Thank you!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2018, 12:47
The first blank should have a positive spin because of the word "heralded." The word "heralded" means they highly regarded the bill or whatever.
The second blank is tricky- we don't necessarily know that the bill had a bad effect on the middle; all we know is that the cuts that the middle class suffer from negate the benefits of the bill.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2018, 08:03
Carcass wrote:
Guys, you should read very carefully and see the whole picture of the unfolding.

Actually, people hoped in a more consistent cut of the taxes because they are burdened but it has a negligible impact.

I.E the scenario was this: oh my gosh finally, we will have a relief thanks to the new cut (for this the cut itself was followed by a fanfare, a huge acclaim). Indeed, it was an epic fail because people didnt have the result they have expecting.

Hope now is clear.

Regards

If it is burdened then it should have the negative impact so the answer should be "detrimental" why negligible is the "answer".
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2018, 10:27
iaditya71 wrote:
Carcass wrote:

Hope now is clear.

Regards

If it is burdened then it should have the negative impact so the answer should be "detrimental" why negligible is the "answer".

Negligible is the answer because the taxation bill didn't actually affect the middle-class population. The taxation bill was supposed to create variance, but the property tax, which still has low variance, burdens the middle-class.
Re: Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2018, 10:27

Although the heralded “variance in taxation bill” at first r

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact