It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 20:44
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' pro

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 40

CAT Tests
Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' pro [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2020, 23:05
00:00

Question Stats:

66% (00:46) correct 33% (00:26) wrong based on 9 sessions
Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' project, in reality his interest in the project was so ____as to be almost nonexistent.
(A)generated...redundant
(B)displayed...preemptive
(C)expected...indiscriminate
(D)feigned...perfunctory
(E)demanded...dispassionate
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA
Manager
Manager

CAT Tests
Re: Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' pro [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2020, 23:06
I selected D but wrong, can anyone explain?
[Updated: 2/17/2020]
Sorry, I was intended to type E. So I actually selected E but it was not the right answer. Would love to hear your thought on this question

Last edited by mind on 17 Feb 2020, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 19

CAT Tests
Re: Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' pro [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2020, 22:42
Looks like the OA is D.
Johnson feigned (put on an appearance of having) great enthusiasm but, in reality, his interest was merely perfunctory (superficial).
Manager
Manager

CAT Tests
Re: Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' pro [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2020, 23:05
lindaj616 wrote:
Looks like the OA is D.
Johnson feigned (put on an appearance of having) great enthusiasm but, in reality, his interest was merely perfunctory (superficial).

Hi lindaj616, looks like perfunctory means "hasty and without attention to detail; not thorough." Does it have another meaning of being superficial? Just to make sure I thoroughly understand this question. Thanks for the reply
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 19

CAT Tests
Re: Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' pro [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2020, 23:13
yes, perfunctory generally means "not thoroughly," but in a similar line of thought it can also mean "performed merely as a routine duty; superficial; lacking interest or care"
For example, perfunctory courtesy

(Source: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/perfunctory)

Hope this helps!
Re: Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' pro   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2020, 23:13

Although Johnson ____great enthusiasm for his employees' pro

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact