It is currently 19 Aug 2019, 12:28
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

A single (i)____________ remark can easily ruin the career

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Founder
Founder
Followers: 142

Kudos [?]: 1587 [0], given: 6998

CAT Tests
A single (i)____________ remark can easily ruin the career [#permalink] New post 29 May 2017, 06:24
Expert's post
00:00

Question Stats:

68% (00:37) correct 31% (00:34) wrong based on 51 sessions

A single (i)____________ remark can easily ruin the career of a politician, so most are trained to avoid such offhand remarks and instead stick to prepared talking points. This training can result in a lack of (ii)_______ , however, and elicit merely (iii)_____ , lukewarm responses from crowds.

Blank (i) Blank (ii)Blank (iii)
(A) elated (D) spontaneity (G) ardent
(B) glib (E) equanimity(H) tepid
(C) pedantic (F) rigidity(I) morose
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Get the 2 FREE GREPrepclub Tests

Director
Director
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 1

Re: A single (i)____________ remark can easily ruin the career [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2019, 19:25
Any explanation please?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [2] , given: 0

Re: A single (i)____________ remark can easily ruin the career [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2019, 01:06
This post received
KUDOS
A single (i)____________ remark can easily ruin the career of a politician, so most are trained to avoid such offhand remarks and instead stick to prepared talking points
The first blank related to offhand remarks, not stick to talking points. Elated is very happy, pedantic is related to trivial part, both is irrelevant. Glib is readily affluent, which is the best choice.

This training can result in a lack of (ii)_______ , however, and elicit merely (iii)_____ , lukewarm responses from crowds.
From the previous sentence, training of stick to prepared talking points can result in lack of suprise. Spontaneity fits best.
The last blank is related to lukewarm response. Tepid (warm) fits best. Ardent (passion) and morose (gloomy) is irrelevant

This is a very good question.
Hope it helps
Re: A single (i)____________ remark can easily ruin the career   [#permalink] 02 Feb 2019, 01:06

A single (i)____________ remark can easily ruin the career

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact