perhaps most of the time you have wondered how to post here on the board a quant question for which you are puzzled and need help. This is perfectly fine and importantly we are here to help you. However, GRE verbal question has a particular format that could confuse you the way you post, properly, and at the same time is a kinda weird how they look like.
As such, I am going to guide you throughout a 360° way to create the perfect post under all its aspects.Following a sort of strategy, you gonna have it even to turn on the light, I will show you step by step how to use tags and bb-code in a way as much simple as possible.
1) Read the rules for post in quant section, regardless the sub-forum quant forum you need to spoil. Read the post very carefully, it is mandatory rules-to-post-on-the-verbal-forum-1652.html
2) It is really important to point out that all such rules are important to keep the board clean and efficient BUT if we really wanna to say the basic rules, you must follow :
- Using the first sentence of the same question OR a phrase that well sum up the entire question and its key concepts
- At least 3 (Three) tags to identify properly the question you are posting : an example could be the level of difficulty of the question, the area of content(algebra, word problem, and so forth), and the SOURCE.
- The Official answer and possible the Official Explanation.
Posting a question in verbal section
As you know we do have 3 types of verbal questions during our GRE exam (not considering AWA)Reading Comprehension
The new topic looks like this
As you can see the post is very clean and efficient, resembling a real RC question during the GRE exam. How we can achieve this simple but surprising result ?? well, using tiny but powerful tags. In a nutshell, you have to wrap up the passage and then the answer choices using the [box_in/out]
The screenshots above are quite explicative:
- at the very beginning of the passage put the first tag
- between the end of the passage and the beginning of the answer choices put the second one
- at the very end put the third one tag
In this manner, you literally encapsulate the passage and the referring questions in one single beautiful box.Text Completion
Perhaps this is the most particular question that GRE might offer us in term of style, due to the fact that it has 3 different ways or prompts.
Although, we can easily posting a question with one blank, two or three using, for instance, the dots or letters maintaining the original format we become used to the Official question during the exam. We have to split this kind of question in 3 different ways
The result looks like this
and the code behind it is quite simple
- The two blanks format (ii)
- The three blanks format (iii)
This third kind of GRE question is the easiest among the others to format. It is simply a prompt with six answer choices to choose from. The only your concern is that you must choose TWO answer choices through which you maintain the exactly meaning inserting them into the blank of the question. I.E. the two words you pick must have the same meaning and, at the same time both must fit in the prompt.
Following this step by step guide, that is more easy to do than to explain, you can post a question on the board in the right way. Helping us to maintain our board, clean and efficient.
If you need something further, do not hesitate to send me a PVT.
Hope this helps.
Get the 17 FREE GREPrepclub Tests