It is currently 28 Jun 2017, 09:20
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

please help me!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

please help me! [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2016, 20:37
Hi,Im Rama here.after few months preparation,i attended GRE exam and obtained 296.To increase my score,i tried to improve my weak areas in GRE and tried again.But still,i landed with a GRE score of 298 :roll: .where do you think i might have gone wrong.I referred to Manhattan series (all 8 books along with vocabulary and 5lb book) and ETS book.please suggest some method to improve my score. :thanks
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: please help me! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2017, 22:46
This post received
KUDOS
You might want to change your study pattern.

Here is a schedule guide in Mastering Words for you:
Attachment:
GRE Vocab Review Guide.png
GRE Vocab Review Guide.png [ 228.79 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]

If I may suggest, identifying the SMART objective of your GRE preparation would be pretty useful. (You can actually create your own timeline)

S - Specific: Your end-goal should be stated, for example: Be confident when taking the GRE exam because I have prepared very well, studied every topic and even had practice tests to enhance more my skills. It should include the “W” questions: Who? What? Where? When? Which? and Why?

M - Measurable: A proper schedule should be created and maintained. Establish a concrete number - how many number of words would you like to master? How many weeks would you like to spend for each GRE section? How will I determine if I have accomplished it?

A - Achievable: A schedule with defined time and activity is something needed for preparation. Make sure that the words you wanted to master and the time you want to prepare would be achievable. Also, practice as many mock test as possible to avoid cram during exam.

R - Realistic: Provide each list of words a realistic time to finish. Let’s say a list of 10 words can be mastered in 3 days or maybe a week. That includes reviewing it through games/the help of vocab app. I suggest you use Preped Vocab - for free. (But that depends on you)

T - Time-based: Schedule, schedule, schedule. :)

For more help, we have asked a couple of GRE tutors and authors with the following questions. You may click on the following to see the video interview and hear them out.

What Is The Best Approach In Preparing For The GRE?
How To Avoid Cram While Preparing For GRE Exam
How To Get Used To Stress and Time Pressure? (Quantitative Section)
Helpful Tips For Anyone Interested In Taking The GRE
Are Practice Tests Harder Than The Actual Test For GMAT or GRE?
Bonus: The Best Strategies for Recall (Vocabulary Section)
Re: please help me!   [#permalink] 08 May 2017, 22:46

please help me!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Moderators

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact