It is currently 26 Jul 2017, 16:40
My Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Difficulty Grasping the GRE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 65

Difficulty Grasping the GRE [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2016, 15:48
Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful forum and great people who visit it!

I recently took the GMAT but did not do too well on it. I did well on the Verbal section, but Math has always been difficult for me. I am trying to take the GRE, as I find that it fits my style of learning (information covered, topics) better. What recommendations do you guys have for improving GRE Quantitative Section? I am hoping to pursue an MBA and get into a Business School.

Regards,
GRE Student
1 KUDOS received
GRE Instructor
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 342 [1] , given: 1

Re: Difficulty Grasping the GRE [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2017, 08:31
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
leonidbasin1 wrote:
What recommendations do you guys have for improving GRE Quantitative Section? I am hoping to pursue an MBA and get into a Business School.

You may need to drill a little deeper with your quant prep. Most students learn the rules for a given topic (e.g., standard deviation), and then answer a handful of questions before moving on to a new topic.

If you want a deep understanding of each math concept, you need to tackle a wide range of questions all related to that one particular concept. This allows you to see all of the different ways the test-makers can test your understanding.

Our GRE course (https://www.greenlighttestprep.com/) is designed to help students gain the level of proficiency they need to achieve their particular target scores. So, for example, on the video lesson page for quadrilaterals (https://www.greenlighttestprep.com/modu ... /video/874), we have links over a dozen questions all related to quadrilaterals.

In my opinion, this is the best way to prepare for the GRE.

Cheers,
Brent

Brent Hanneson – Founder of greenlighttestprep.com

Check out the online reviews of our course

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 65

Re: Difficulty Grasping the GRE [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2017, 12:38
GreenlightTestPrep wrote:
leonidbasin1 wrote:
What recommendations do you guys have for improving GRE Quantitative Section? I am hoping to pursue an MBA and get into a Business School.

You may need to drill a little deeper with your quant prep. Most students learn the rules for a given topic (e.g., standard deviation), and then answer a handful of questions before moving on to a new topic.

If you want a deep understanding of each math concept, you need to tackle a wide range of questions all related to that one particular concept. This allows you to see all of the different ways the test-makers can test your understanding.

Our GRE course (https://www.greenlighttestprep.com/) is designed to help students gain the level of proficiency they need to achieve their particular target scores. So, for example, on the video lesson page for quadrilaterals (https://www.greenlighttestprep.com/modu ... /video/874), we have links over a dozen questions all related to quadrilaterals.

In my opinion, this is the best way to prepare for the GRE.

Cheers,
Brent

Finally an answer! Thank you very much!
Re: Difficulty Grasping the GRE   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2017, 12:38

Difficulty Grasping the GRE

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Moderators

GRE Prep Club Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GRE Prep Club Rules| Contact